Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 416
  1. #301
    Caveman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Springtown, Tx.
    Hammock
    WL Lite Owl / DIY
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    How cold is it?
    Suspension
    Always Changing :)
    Posts
    2,011
    I ordered a couple of table clothes from tablecloth fatory, so I'll save one to show anyone that's interested how I make my DIY. No sewing needed and we can even put a knotty mod on it
    If you ain't havin' fun, you're doin' it wrong

  2. #302
    Senior Member Throkda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Hammock
    Dangerbird 72
    Tarp
    HH Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    KAQ New River
    Suspension
    Straps/Buckles
    Posts
    270
    Images
    21
    Love the tablecloth factory deal! We got a few and were pleased to find that if we already had suspension to put on it, we could use a couple zip ties and have a hammock made in about a minute! Course, I love knots, so learning the whipping would be good too.

    Other than the wild foods class, I'll have my whetstone there if someone wants to learn to sharpen a knife the old-fashioned way (may even bring the fancy new kit I just got to show that too)...and of course, I'm bringing the games tub. Since it sounds like more people will be bringing ther kids this year, we could do something with those unused tent pads and teach 'em marbles.
    "Can't we all just live in trees and hammocks?"
    -- Sam Gribley, My Side of the Mountain

  3. #303
    sargevining's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Rosenberg, TX
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Posts
    3,267
    Images
    7
    Does anyone have a Buginator, ENO bugnet, or some such thing? I thought that it was going to be too late in the year for skeeters, but the weather looks like we might still have some and one of the grandkids is gonna need one. I've got one covered, and I'd hate to have to choose which one I like the most.

  4. #304
    The Spaceweaseal Paradox spaceweaseal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Tx
    Posts
    2,241
    Quote Originally Posted by sargevining View Post
    Does anyone have a Buginator, ENO bugnet, or some such thing? I thought that it was going to be too late in the year for skeeters, but the weather looks like we might still have some and one of the grandkids is gonna need one. I've got one covered, and I'd hate to have to choose which one I like the most.
    Yes sir, I got you covered...

    You can use my Buginator or if my Safari zip gets here in time you can use that.

  5. #305
    sargevining, I've got extra eno bug net if ud like to use, also a smokehouse bugnet, built for a 11ft. I've also got a SBpro with built in net. anyway either way we have nets. jim

  6. #306
    Brute1100's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    South Texas
    Hammock
    WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Posts
    2,510
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Caveman View Post
    I ordered a couple of table clothes from tablecloth fatory, so I'll save one to show anyone that's interested how I make my DIY. No sewing needed and we can even put a knotty mod on it
    does it use whoopie slings on the ends? i have a silver tablecloth and two whoopies and just haven't made it a priority to make it into a hammock yet...

  7. #307
    Brute1100's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    South Texas
    Hammock
    WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Posts
    2,510
    Images
    1
    am i the only one that thinks fairfield lake looks like a cowboy with a dinosaur tail???

    http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/state-pa...field-lake/map

  8. #308
    The Spaceweaseal Paradox spaceweaseal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Tx
    Posts
    2,241
    Quote Originally Posted by Brute1100 View Post
    am i the only one that thinks fairfield lake looks like a cowboy with a dinosaur tail???

    http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/state-pa...field-lake/map
    Now that is funny!
    And yes it does..

  9. #309
    Senior Member Throkda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Hammock
    Dangerbird 72
    Tarp
    HH Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    KAQ New River
    Suspension
    Straps/Buckles
    Posts
    270
    Images
    21
    I bet it could use whoopies....the suspension on a non-sewn gathered-end hammock is the easy part. The key is the whipping, which I'll be watching to see the knot method in action. We cheated it when we did ours and used zip ties.
    "Can't we all just live in trees and hammocks?"
    -- Sam Gribley, My Side of the Mountain

  10. #310
    Caveman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Springtown, Tx.
    Hammock
    WL Lite Owl / DIY
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    How cold is it?
    Suspension
    Always Changing :)
    Posts
    2,011
    That's what I use. I'm sure once you get the whipping done, you could use pretty much any suspension that you wanted.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brute1100 View Post
    does it use whoopie slings on the ends? i have a silver tablecloth and two whoopies and just haven't made it a priority to make it into a hammock yet...
    If you ain't havin' fun, you're doin' it wrong

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •