Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31
  1. #11

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sunbury, Ohio
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl
    Tarp
    HG cuben
    Insulation
    HG Pheonix
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch bkls
    Posts
    1,282
    Thanks for taking the time to get some videos and pics up.

    David

  2. #12
    Whoooo Buddy)))) Shug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Hammock
    DIY GreenBeanHammock
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Frankenquilt/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    14,488
    Images
    62
    Always wanted to hike that area......driven by several times but never got my feet in the woods there.
    As far as editing goes, YouTube has an editor that you maybe can use but I have never tried it but maybe it will allow you to combine your clips.
    Shug
    Whoooo Buddy)))) I Love Onions, Grits, Greens, Livermush, NC Style BBQ, Potted Meat, Anchovies, 'Naner Puddin", Peanut Butter Pie, Red Velvet Cake and Cocoa and Straaaaaawwwwberrrry Milk and Coffee Crisps....
    I Hope Heaven has a Bakery!!!!



    Shug's YouTube Videos

    Hammock How-To Videos ..... Essentials For Noobs

    Shug and Friends Jammin'

  3. #13
    Moderator raiffnuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DBL, Camo Hideaway, ENO DN
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies&DutchGear
    Posts
    5,335
    Images
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by Bannerstone View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to get some videos and pics up.
    David
    Your welcome, thanks for taking the time to watch them!

    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Always wanted to hike that area......driven by several times but never got my feet in the woods there.
    As far as editing goes, YouTube has an editor that you maybe can use but I have never tried it but maybe it will allow you to combine your clips.
    Shug
    Thanks for the tip! What software do you use?
    If you are ever in the area again, look me up, there are plenty of us on this coast that would love to meet and hike with you!

  4. #14
    Senior Member Oper8or's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    East Tennessee
    Hammock
    Grand Trunk
    Tarp
    Kelty Noad 12
    Insulation
    Sleeping Bag
    Suspension
    Whoopies-N-Straps
    Posts
    308
    Images
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by raiffnuke View Post
    Thanks for watching and for the tip. I have just started getting into the video thing. What is the easiest way to combine them?
    I use a program called videopad by NHC. Its free and makes combining the movies easy. Takes some getting used to but it works great.
    I am me and no one else can be me without my permission.

    My Youtube page.

  5. #15
    Rockdawg69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Central TN, Southeast GA
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl & TTTR Switchback
    Tarp
    OES SpinnUL 11x10
    Insulation
    Nest, Hudson River
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Stingerz
    Posts
    1,021
    Great vids. Thanks for the trip. Will be crossing Greylock one day - soon, I hope.
    Love the Superfly setup - good for one people and a large pack of man's best friend!!!!!
    Rockdawg69

    Professional Prevaricator: Part-time dealer in Yarns, Tales, Half-Truths, & Outright Lies -1st half-hour session at no cost (Lawyers and Doctors excepted).

  6. #16
    MAD777's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    South Florida
    Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY down 3/4 UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide & Dutch
    Posts
    8,566
    Images
    39
    Looked like a good opportunity for weather testing some gear. I'm a big fan of ponchos. I simply sweat too much in a raincoat. I actually enjoy hiking in the rain, if it's not too windy. It looks like you had some of both.
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

  7. #17
    Moderator raiffnuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DBL, Camo Hideaway, ENO DN
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies&DutchGear
    Posts
    5,335
    Images
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by Oper8or View Post
    I use a program called videopad by NHC. Its free and makes combining the movies easy. Takes some getting used to but it works great.
    Thanks for the tip!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rockdawg69 View Post
    Great vids. Thanks for the trip. Will be crossing Greylock one day - soon, I hope.
    Love the Superfly setup - good for one people and a large pack of man's best friend!!!!!
    Thanks for watching. The superfly was perfect for this weather. Let me know when you make it over this way!

    Quote Originally Posted by MAD777 View Post
    Looked like a good opportunity for weather testing some gear. I'm a big fan of ponchos. I simply sweat too much in a raincoat. I actually enjoy hiking in the rain, if it's not too windy. It looks like you had some of both.
    That was one of the reasons we chose to go out this weekend, to test the rain gear. The poncho is much more comfortable that a rain coat in my opinion.

  8. #18
    Moderator raiffnuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DBL, Camo Hideaway, ENO DN
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies&DutchGear
    Posts
    5,335
    Images
    44
    So, I made my first attempt at editing the video. Let me know what people think. (I am not sure I like the music, but there is only so much free stuff out there!)


  9. #19
    Prefers life at 12 MPH. FLRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Posts
    4,017
    Images
    14
    I like the video and the close-up of the ponchos in action.

    I'm actually sewing one up today and am going to steal your idea for the front zip, as long as you don't mind. I figure on using Omni-Tape instead (since I have some on hand), as well as along the sides. That way I can hang it as a weather shield on the new DIY hammock if things go sideways...

    Also, with the music, as long as you keep it below thirty seconds and don't use it for commercial purposes (not sure what the legalese will say if you're making money off of ads in the video; I deliberately avoided that just in case with my account), you're covered under Fair Use for copyrighted music. It also helps keep your music short and not muddling dialogue in the video...or, at least, it has that effect for me when I sit down with the editing program...

    Anyway, thanks for sharing!

  10. #20
    Moderator raiffnuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DBL, Camo Hideaway, ENO DN
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies&DutchGear
    Posts
    5,335
    Images
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by FLRider View Post
    I like the video and the close-up of the ponchos in action.

    I'm actually sewing one up today and am going to steal your idea for the front zip, as long as you don't mind. I figure on using Omni-Tape instead (since I have some on hand), as well as along the sides. That way I can hang it as a weather shield on the new DIY hammock if things go sideways...

    Also, with the music, as long as you keep it below thirty seconds and don't use it for commercial purposes (not sure what the legalese will say if you're making money off of ads in the video; I deliberately avoided that just in case with my account), you're covered under Fair Use for copyrighted music. It also helps keep your music short and not muddling dialogue in the video...or, at least, it has that effect for me when I sit down with the editing program...

    Anyway, thanks for sharing!
    Thanks for the tip! And thanks for watching. Feel free to use my mod, let me know how it works for you.

    I am just starting down the learning curve for video editing, and thanks to many people here, I think my next video will be better.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •