Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 58 of 58
  1. #51
    Senior Member drchip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Bexley, Ohio
    Hammock
    WBBB or HH Explorer
    Tarp
    HH 70D Hex Fly
    Insulation
    Jarbridge & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    101
    Images
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by JC77 View Post
    How well does the Jarbridge work with an ENO DN? I've been looking at these pretty hard for about the past week and would like to know if anyone has upgraded to the 4 season or the APEX Climashield. If so what are your opinions? I'd like to have kind of a "do it all" UQ, in warmer months I can move it to the side as necessary. Might be a tall order, but for the price I think this is the best one out there.
    I got a Jarbidge this year and a few weeks ago took it down to 32 with my ENO-DN. I also use it when I sleep in the basement in my ENO, where temps are in the 60s.

    Here was my experience at 32 with the ENO: I slept with a Thermarest Z-Lit Sol in the hammock, fleece socks, thermal underwear top and bottom, fleece sweat pants, and a down vest plus a balaclava. I was totally good until very early morning, where it became clear that where I wasn't on the pad I was cold. In my experience (and maybe I'm just using it wrong) my shoulder isn't well covered by the Jarbidge. But, overall I considered it a massive success and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

    Now, I'm a cold sleeper. When I sleep in my bed I use a down comforter AND a Woolrich wool blanket in a room that's likely 70 degrees. And, when I sleep in the basement, I use the Jarbidge (not really necessary, but I use it) and a 20 degree synthetic bag as a top quilt. That's the bag I used outside to 32.

    In a few days I plan a backwoods overnighter. I'm banking on my setup with the ENO and Jarbidge to take me down to 25-30 with the clothes I described above plus a bit more (including hot water bottle) just in case.

    YMMV...

    f

  2. #52
    Senior Member Redpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Hammock
    Lite Owl/GT SB
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    Jarbidge, JRB
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Posts
    358
    Ya'll have convinced me, ordered one yesterday. Hope it goes well with the Lite Owl I ordered last week...

  3. #53
    New Member JC77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Belfair, Wa
    Hammock
    ENO DoubleNest
    Tarp
    ENO Pro Fly
    Insulation
    Mummy bag
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by drchip View Post
    I got a Jarbidge this year and a few weeks ago took it down to 32 with my ENO-DN. I also use it when I sleep in the basement in my ENO, where temps are in the 60s.

    Here was my experience at 32 with the ENO: I slept with a Thermarest Z-Lit Sol in the hammock, fleece socks, thermal underwear top and bottom, fleece sweat pants, and a down vest plus a balaclava. I was totally good until very early morning, where it became clear that where I wasn't on the pad I was cold. In my experience (and maybe I'm just using it wrong) my shoulder isn't well covered by the Jarbidge. But, overall I considered it a massive success and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

    Now, I'm a cold sleeper. When I sleep in my bed I use a down comforter AND a Woolrich wool blanket in a room that's likely 70 degrees. And, when I sleep in the basement, I use the Jarbidge (not really necessary, but I use it) and a 20 degree synthetic bag as a top quilt. That's the bag I used outside to 32.

    In a few days I plan a backwoods overnighter. I'm banking on my setup with the ENO and Jarbidge to take me down to 25-30 with the clothes I described above plus a bit more (including hot water bottle) just in case.

    YMMV...

    f

    Sounds good, have fun on your overnighter! Please post or message me on how it goes.
    "Hanging is soul therapy" -Jeff

  4. #54
    fishbait's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jamesburg, NJ
    Hammock
    Bias Weenie
    Tarp
    WBMJ
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Mamba
    Suspension
    Tree Straps
    Posts
    2,601
    Images
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by dammfast View Post
    I have a buddy that swears to the fact that you shouldn't compress everything seperatly, but put all compressable material in one compression sack. He says it saves space because you don't have all those individual oddly shaped sacks. I am not sure about that but I have been thinking of trying it some time and see how it works.
    I just did this with my Owyhee and New River, I put them both into a compression sack together then compressed until the sack was small enough to fit into my ULA Circuit. In my opinion I think the combined weight feels heavier than if they were individually pack, but I'm sure the weight difference would be only an ounce or two. The compression sack is heavier than two stuff sacks after all. It does save space though.

  5. #55
    Senior Member drchip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Bexley, Ohio
    Hammock
    WBBB or HH Explorer
    Tarp
    HH 70D Hex Fly
    Insulation
    Jarbridge & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    101
    Images
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by JC77 View Post
    Sounds good, have fun on your overnighter! Please post or message me on how it goes.
    Posted in trip reports under title Zaleski State Forest...

  6. #56
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Montgomery, AL
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Wilderness Logics
    Posts
    52
    I have been thinking about buying two, the 1 season and the 3 season. Is the apex worth the upgrade cost? I'm wondering if the 1 season with the apex upgrade would get me down into the low 40s (42-44)? I would like your opinion, especially if you have the apex upgrade.

  7. #57
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Harrisburg, PA
    Hammock
    ENO DN
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbidge
    Suspension
    AHE whoopies
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Cermichael View Post
    I have been thinking about buying two, the 1 season and the 3 season. Is the apex worth the upgrade cost? I'm wondering if the 1 season with the apex upgrade would get me down into the low 40s (42-44)? I would like your opinion, especially if you have the apex upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by JC77 View Post
    How well does the Jarbridge work with an ENO DN? I've been looking at these pretty hard for about the past week and would like to know if anyone has upgraded to the 4 season or the APEX Climashield. If so what are your opinions? I'd like to have kind of a "do it all" UQ, in warmer months I can move it to the side as necessary. Might be a tall order, but for the price I think this is the best one out there.
    I'm also interested in the 4 season / APEX upgrades for a Jarbridge. With the 4 season adding 15-20 degrees and the APEX between 5-10, the Jarbridge has the potential to be a 0* UQ. Has anybody tried these options? Along with the above posters, I would love an opinion on them from someone with actual UQ experience (this would be my first one).

  8. #58
    The Spaceweaseal Paradox spaceweaseal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Tx
    Posts
    2,241
    Quote Originally Posted by Cermichael View Post
    I have been thinking about buying two, the 1 season and the 3 season. Is the apex worth the upgrade cost? I'm wondering if the 1 season with the apex upgrade would get me down into the low 40s (42-44)? I would like your opinion, especially if you have the apex upgrade.
    I have had a couple of the standard Jarbridge UQ's and have been toasty down in the 30's. I believe its rated to 30* and with the apex it gives you 5-10* more to play with. I ordered the apex upgrade this time because its a great deal and it packs down alittle smaller.

    Things to consider: Are you a hot or cold sleeper? Do you want to be able to pack it down smaller? Do you want the extra temp range?

    Its a great sale so get the apex.
    Last edited by spaceweaseal; 08-10-2013 at 15:17.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •