Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 60
  1. #11
    Grapenut's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Rocket City, AL
    Hammock
    DIY 1.1 11-foot gathered end
    Tarp
    HG Camo Cuben
    Insulation
    GoLite, WB, HG, UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopies
    Posts
    309
    Awesome, thanks guys!

    G-Nut

  2. #12
    Senior Member SoundMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lititz, PA
    Hammock
    BlackBird dbl 1.1+Dutchware
    Tarp
    SuperFly+Dutchware
    Insulation
    HG & Mamba
    Suspension
    Straps+Dutchware
    Posts
    361
    Images
    6


    close up of pole pocket...sweet.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench,a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free,and good men die like dogs.There's also a negative side"
    Hunter S. Thompson


    Greg

  3. #13
    Cali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Modoc, SC
    Hammock
    HHDJ/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lite Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    Posts
    3,315
    Very nice, one day I need to get my SuperFly done. I love the extra room under the tarp, looks sweet....
    Happy Hangin!!!


    AKA BajaHanger

    You cannot solve a problem with the same mind that created it. -Albert Einstein

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    CA
    Hammock
    DIY hammy
    Tarp
    prezidential suite
    Insulation
    cropdust myself
    Suspension
    straps n buckles
    Posts
    423

    Post question good sir

    how you do like the snake skins? prefer over bishops bag/ double-sided stuff sack?
    thanks for your time

  5. #15
    Senior Member SoundMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lititz, PA
    Hammock
    BlackBird dbl 1.1+Dutchware
    Tarp
    SuperFly+Dutchware
    Insulation
    HG & Mamba
    Suspension
    Straps+Dutchware
    Posts
    361
    Images
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by bruinfan View Post
    how you do like the snake skins? prefer over bishops bag/ double-sided stuff sack?
    thanks for your time
    Bruinfan- I do like the snakeskins on the superfly tarp. Several times I have had to setup in a strong winds and the skins help tame this big tarp. I have never tried a bishop bag on the tarp...I don't think it would work as well.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench,a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free,and good men die like dogs.There's also a negative side"
    Hunter S. Thompson


    Greg

  6. #16
    Rain Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Hammock
    Modified HH Ultralite
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Posts
    2,102
    Images
    7

    Question

    Query: is the pole longer, shorter, or the exact same as the width of the tarp?

    I'm assuming a little longer, or else where does the curve come from. If longer, how much?

    I'd like to modify my MacCat Deluxe the same.

    And yes, that pole pocket design is sweet!

    Rain Man

    .
    "You can stand tall without standing on someone. You can be a victor without having victims." --Harriet Woods
    .

  7. #17
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Central Indiana
    Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe #4 2QZQ Mod
    Tarp
    HH Hex
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by SoundMan View Post
    I have been testing out my new pole supported Superfly. I am pleased on how much the pole mod creates structure to open up the tarp exactly where you need it the most.

    This mod involves the addition of two pole pockets at the lateral mid line along the bottom of the tarp. The pockets are securely attached and feature a loop for additional tarp tie out points. A ribbon is sewn to the interior to secure the pole at the ridge line peak. I applied a small amount of sealer to the stitches on exterior of the ridge line.

    Poles are Easton .340 with a 145 degree arch at the ridge line.

    I am extremely pleased with the quality of workmanship and friendly service.
    Highly recommended.
    Pics ....



    [IMG][IMG][IMG]http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/picture.php?albumid=2281&pictureid=16028
    SoundMan,
    Why did you choose to use the "145 degree arch"? Wouln't the poles bend to that arch on its own? Just asking because I'm getting that mod done along with the sewn on tarp doors. Do you think the poles would bend a 90 degree arch on it's own? BTY, it looks great.

  8. #18
    Senior Member OneThing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Hammock
    HH EUA-sym
    Tarp
    MaCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    HG 20 Phoenix
    Suspension
    UCR, Dutchware
    Posts
    544
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
    Query: is the pole longer, shorter, or the exact same as the width of the tarp?

    I'm assuming a little longer, or else where does the curve come from. If longer, how much?

    I'd like to modify my MacCat Deluxe the same.

    And yes, that pole pocket design is sweet!

    Rain Man

    .

    Donna from 2QZQ called me this morning to let me know my order was completed and being mailed today.

    I have the MacCat Deluxe as well. I had tarp doors added to both ends, plus pole pockets installed.

    I ordered my poles from Quest Outfitters. Tim had informed me what I would need and I ordered the following:

    #4080 TENT POLE-NANO W/INS .344 18 inch Black 5
    #4081 TENT POLE-NANO W/O INS .344 18 inch Black 1
    #4030 ENDTIP DOME STYLE .340 2
    #2402 NARROW ELASTIC CORD 3/32 inch Black

    The arch was not needed. The total weight was @ 115 grams. The cost for just the poles were @ $19. If I went with Carbon Fiber # $35, & @ 100 grams. Almost double the cost for very little in weigh saving. I'll post some pictures, and review once I get it. The pole pockets that I have put on are different as well. No tie out. I'm guessing his already had a tie out located at that location.

    Tim has complete instruction on how to assemble the poles and cut them as well. If you need them, let me know & I'll post them with my review.

  9. #19
    Senior Member rip waverly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    corvallis, oregon
    Hammock
    kbwaddy
    Tarp
    valesko
    Insulation
    ahurst
    Suspension
    dutch
    Posts
    1,571
    thanks for posting 1thing -

    i wonder, could the final pole size / recommended order from quest be listed here too, for the actual wb superfly mod?
    "Jeff-Becking"

    DOWNTOWN BROWN!!!!

  10. #20
    gplg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    NoVa
    Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    MAMW TQ,HG& EE UQ
    Suspension
    Webbing/biner
    Posts
    123
    Images
    8
    Perfect timing. I'm about to send my MacCat in to add the doors and was thinking about adding the pockets as well. I was just looking for the pole info and wala.

    Thanks for posting it.

    Quote Originally Posted by OneThing View Post
    Donna from 2QZQ called me this morning to let me know my order was completed and being mailed today.

    I have the MacCat Deluxe as well. I had tarp doors added to both ends, plus pole pockets installed.

    I ordered my poles from Quest Outfitters. Tim had informed me what I would need and I ordered the following:

    #4080 TENT POLE-NANO W/INS .344 18 inch Black 5
    #4081 TENT POLE-NANO W/O INS .344 18 inch Black 1
    #4030 ENDTIP DOME STYLE .340 2
    #2402 NARROW ELASTIC CORD 3/32 inch Black

    The arch was not needed. The total weight was @ 115 grams. The cost for just the poles were @ $19. If I went with Carbon Fiber # $35, & @ 100 grams. Almost double the cost for very little in weigh saving. I'll post some pictures, and review once I get it. The pole pockets that I have put on are different as well. No tie out. I'm guessing his already had a tie out located at that location.

    Tim has complete instruction on how to assemble the poles and cut them as well. If you need them, let me know & I'll post them with my review.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •