Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 378
  1. #301

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Elmira, NY
    Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner, Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG 3 Season/IX UQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Posts
    1,864
    Images
    10
    Broke the news to my wife yesterday...ordered a RR and Spindrift tonight! I told her...If I don't deserve one than who does. (no response) I took that as a thumbs up!

    Miguel

  2. #302
    Callahan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner, dbl 1.0 BB, Bias WW
    Tarp
    HG Custom 4S
    Insulation
    WB Lynx, HG, MB
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Posts
    1,060
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
    Broke the news to my wife yesterday...ordered a RR and Spindrift tonight! I told her...If I don't deserve one than who does. (no response) I took that as a thumbs up!

    Miguel
    Haha! Yes, silence = acceptance!

    Ordered a RR and a Lynx last week, received the shipping confirmation...just a waiting game now!

    Cheers

  3. #303
    hikingdad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New Richmond, WI
    Hammock
    Any Bridge Hammock
    Tarp
    Big Daddy or OMW
    Insulation
    Burrow & Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    1,540
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcttr View Post
    Impatiently waiting for a report.


    Edit...dangit...already hit the buy button.
    There have been two threads about this....one did the Phoenix http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=58311 and the other thread was mine....I did the incubator. My thread has the incubator stuff as an update. http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=58950

    Also...I heard from Brandon that in a couple weeks he will be releasing winter lynx underquilts....so look for my incubator for sale

  4. #304
    Senior Member egrant5329's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Grantham, NH
    Hammock
    Grizz style Bridge
    Insulation
    Primaloft Sport UQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide
    Posts
    157
    I think Brandon's biggest achievement is make the bridge "produceable" . The side bags are handy, but the real benefit is that it allows the bug net to easily attach and not get distorted under load.

    Most bridge makers will tell you the bug net is the biggest pain in the neck to make, the rest of the bridge is easy.

    I am in the process of making yet another version of a bridge. This one I added the side pockets and they work great. On mine they add about 1 oz, but they really take the tension off the net. I am shooting for the shortest bridge that's light for a dual layer, with tons of storage, and is stable. I'll post pics on another topic when done. It isn't "produceable" like Brandon's.
    Ed

  5. #305

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cerritos
    Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow & Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Posts
    259
    ooooohhh buddy! I really want one of these.

  6. #306
    Senior Member RKP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Across from the Penobscot Narrows Bridge
    Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.0 / WBRR DL
    Tarp
    OMW/WBCB
    Insulation
    BurrowIncubPhoenix
    Suspension
    stock webbing
    Posts
    154
    Ridge Runner ordered ! Can not wait.

  7. #307
    Callahan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner, dbl 1.0 BB, Bias WW
    Tarp
    HG Custom 4S
    Insulation
    WB Lynx, HG, MB
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Posts
    1,060
    Got my first night in the RR under my belt last night! Really nice hammock, very well made, love the way the bug net goes away. Found it to be very comfortable, took a little fiddling to get the shallower hang angle as my attachment points are pretty close together.

    The saddle bags are perfect. For the first time ever, I was able to sleep for over 3 hours on my stomach! I'm about 5'10" and found I could lay on my side, back, pretty much any way. The view from the hammock is great!

    Can't say enough about the full length lynx though... it got down to about 10deg celcius last night, and wearing a t-shirt and hiking shorts, I had to throw off my top quilt a few times! The lynx is the easiest to install under insulation I have ever used, it seals up perfectly, and is crazy warm.

    Brandon's put together a real winner for bridge users with this one!

    Cheers
    Last edited by Callahan; 09-22-2012 at 14:23. Reason: Can't spell

  8. #308
    Senior Member Danalex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ottawa Canada
    Hammock
    2011 Chrysalis
    Tarp
    BlackCat dbl poles
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    DIY web and cinch
    Posts
    514
    Quote Originally Posted by egrant5329 View Post
    I think Brandon's biggest achievement is make the bridge "produceable" . The side bags are handy, but the real benefit is that it allows the bug net to easily attach and not get distorted under load.

    Most bridge makers will tell you the bug net is the biggest pain in the neck to make, the rest of the bridge is easy.

    I am in the process of making yet another version of a bridge. This one I added the side pockets and they work great. On mine they add about 1 oz, but they really take the tension off the net. I am shooting for the shortest bridge that's light for a dual layer, with tons of storage, and is stable. I'll post pics on another topic when done. It isn't "produceable" like Brandon's.
    I'd also ad that made it 'acceptable' to the regular gathered end crowd.
    "Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles"
    Hunter S. Thompson

  9. #309
    Boulderman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Hammock
    Ridgerunner, NX-250, DIY
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    JRB over, WB under
    Suspension
    Dutchware bling
    Posts
    202
    Also took my RR for its maiden voyage last night. Result? Best night in a hammock. Ever. It only got down to 29 degrees, so I stayed toasty warm in my full-length Lynx and JRB Hudson River. The storage space is incredible! I had a big magazine in the head pocket, clothes in the left saddlebag, and various items in the right. Halfway through the night I got too hot, so I took off my light jacket, shoved it to my left, and the left saddlebag just swallowed it up! Awesome design.

    The cloudburst tarp with the tie-outs is downright spacious! I had no problem keeping the tarp away from the speader bar tips. I found a great spot surrounded by trees, so I only needed 1 trekking pole.

    Location: 40 0 44.2 N 105 35 4.9 W, 10179 feet
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Potential is nothing without hard work.

  10. #310
    Callahan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner, dbl 1.0 BB, Bias WW
    Tarp
    HG Custom 4S
    Insulation
    WB Lynx, HG, MB
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Posts
    1,060
    Quote Originally Posted by Boulderman View Post
    Also took my RR for its maiden voyage last night. Result? Best night in a hammock. Ever. It only got down to 29 degrees, so I stayed toasty warm in my full-length Lynx and JRB Hudson River. The storage space is incredible! I had a big magazine in the head pocket, clothes in the left saddlebag, and various items in the right. Halfway through the night I got too hot, so I took off my light jacket, shoved it to my left, and the left saddlebag just swallowed it up! Awesome design.

    The cloudburst tarp with the tie-outs is downright spacious! I had no problem keeping the tarp away from the speader bar tips. I found a great spot surrounded by trees, so I only needed 1 trekking pole.

    Location: 40 0 44.2 N 105 35 4.9 W, 10179 feet
    Great pics, looks like a nice spot!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •