Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 78
  1. #61
    Senior Member schrochem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Austin,Tx
    Posts
    796
    Images
    57
    Brandon, any reason why you haven't thought of making a down version of your 1/2 UQ?
    Scott

    "Man is a stream whose source is hidden."
    RWE

  2. #62
    i'm looking into it.

  3. #63
    Senior Member moski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sweden, Stockholm
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Cuben rag
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Posts
    1,560
    Images
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    any uq or pad needs to be large enough to cover your body, 40" wide is plenty, you just have to put the pad in the right spot so you're laying on it properly. the same is true for a uq, figure out where you lay and put it there. neither a uq nor a pad need to be bigger just because the hammock is, afterall, you're still the same size.
    The problem is i don't know where i end up in the end, the hammock is huge
    My existing 1/2 UQ attachment is kind of fixed and works great on my Clark and Claytor but with this monster i don't even know where to start.

    I need a flexible attachment solution, gonna go and buy lots of shock cord.

    The prolite (that leaks) is only 20" and that's way to narrow.

    I'm not sure about your claim that i still have the same size in your hammock,
    i feel like a baby in double king size bed

  4. #64
    Senior Member Chris.Biomed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Sweden, Uppsala
    Hammock
    Clark NA
    Tarp
    Clark XL
    Posts
    147
    Images
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by moski View Post
    I'm not sure about your claim that i still have the same size in your hammock, i feel like a baby in double king size bed
    Pictures! We want to see that baby lying comfortably in the famous warbonnet

  5. #65
    my torso uq had a drawcord tube along each side and shockcord running through it, you could reach out and slide it along up or down the length of the hammock. you could probably add a derawcord tube to yours. not sure how it would work with whatever shape you are using though.

    also, for max torso room, i usually try to scoot down near the end of the footbox everytime, this puts me in a consistent spot.

  6. #66
    Senior Member moski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sweden, Stockholm
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Cuben rag
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Posts
    1,560
    Images
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris.Biomed View Post
    Pictures! We want to see that baby lying comfortably in the famous warbonnet
    You know how it is now, dark when you leave, dark when you get home

    It will be field tested next weekend so i will take pictures then.

  7. #67
    Senior Member moski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sweden, Stockholm
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Cuben rag
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Posts
    1,560
    Images
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    my torso uq had a drawcord tube along each side and shockcord running through it, you could reach out and slide it along up or down the length of the hammock. you could probably add a derawcord tube to yours. not sure how it would work with whatever shape you are using though.

    also, for max torso room, i usually try to scoot down near the end of the footbox everytime, this puts me in a consistent spot.
    You gave me some useful info there, i will buy loads of shock cord and start
    fiddling soon.
    I will also check that tube thing.

    But, i think i still get me a new torso uq.

    Thanks, for the ides .

  8. #68
    GrizzlyAdams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Hammock
    DIY Bridge, v0.n, where n is large
    Tarp
    depends on season
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Posts
    4,628
    Images
    564
    Quote Originally Posted by moski View Post
    You know how it is now, dark when you leave, dark when you get home
    you don't even have to be up by the Arctic circle like you guys for that....I'm needing to take some pictures of my vintage hammock setup, but my workday starts and ends when the light is too poor. Guess that's what weekends are for. (My wife thinks weekends are for other things though....)

    Grizz

  9. #69
    Senior Member moski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sweden, Stockholm
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Cuben rag
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Posts
    1,560
    Images
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post
    (My wife thinks weekends are for other things though....)

    Grizz
    Really , really strange!
    It's the same thing here

  10. #70
    Senior Member fin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    On the trail
    Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Posts
    2,498
    Images
    208
    Quote Originally Posted by moski View Post
    Really , really strange!
    It's the same thing here
    It's an epidemic. I think we need to re-edumucate our wives about what should be our weekend priorities.

    Grizz, go ahead and start that re-edumucation, and let us know how it goes. You can go after that, moski.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •