Thread: BIAS Hammocks

Images

BIAS Hammocks

So let me tell you about BIAS hammocks. Keep in mind, most of my contact has been with Brian, but he is from the MS delta and that makes him all right!

I started with a WW Micro DL with the Knotty Mods, GREAT HAMMOCK! They gave me a delivery date and hit it about a week early. I thoroughly enjoyed the hammock, 16 nights in about 60 days. Great field experience, best nights sleep on the trail I have ever had. The first 2 nights I went down at 10 and did not move again until 8 in the morning. This is from a side sleeper, that tosses and turns ALL night.. I had a minor issue, let's just blame it all on me not the hammock. I ended up swapping out for the WW DL, with the Knotty Mod.

Despite peak season for these guys, they worked me in and voila, I received this hammock today, WOW! My DL is Olive green on the inside and Coyote Brown on the outside. The fabric is amazing, the hang is great the spread is wonderful. I promptly hung it and took a 1 hr nap. WOW.

Beg, borrow, or steal your way into one of these hammocks. Anyone close want to hang in mine just PM me.

We need a BIAS sub-forum!

Wes
    Last edited by swankfly; 08-31-2012 at 19:26. Reason: .

Hammock
    Clark DLX, ENO SN, BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    OxPalace,Big Squid
    Insulation
    Oxgear, KAQ, WL
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    Ordered mine yesterday, WWM DL Talked to Brian today about the HF discount not working on line and he credited my purchase, was not expecting that. Looking forward to adding the BIAS to the collection.

Hammock
    BIAS Hiker Lite Teal/Black
    Tarp
    GG Emergency Shltr
    Insulation
    Leighlo UQ
    Suspension
    BIAS standard kit

Wow. Really. Wow.

So grateful for you HF guys. There's a real decency and understanding there when orders require more time and effort. More than anything, Shane and I appreciate the support. While I get far too much personal credit, the reality is that Shane is the builder supreme or as I like to call him, "el constructor." I am the nerd, handling the digital and building some easy merchandise. The complicated stuff... well, tncamper is the man.
    --
    www.buttinasling.com
    Now carrying the Mini Tattoo Stove!
    Light weight. Low prices. Great gear.

Hammock
    DL1.1XLC/ BIAS WWM/ DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/ DIY
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    depends...
    Hey Brian, never realized you were the nerd of the two of you (you hide it well). Speaking of a great product, I love my hammock still. got a few more nights in it and love it. The only reason I don't have more time in it is because I want to preserve this hammock as long as I can. It has found it's home inside my backpack for those great trips in the outdoors. My DIY is my daily sleeper, but thanks again to you and tncamper for such a wonderful set of products.
    "We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it."- G. W. Sears

My forum name is Fish<><; I'm in the navy; and I hate sleeping on the ground. If I didn't need ground to walk on or measure resistance to, I think I could happily give it up.

Images
    Spent last night in my new WW DL, of course temp and humidity are high down here after Isaac, so I had to deal with that, power is back on, despite the AC in the house I chose to sleep outside in my WW. Another great nights sleep, the fan helped with the temp and humidity, BIAS took care of everything else. Price, comfort, personal service ALL stellar. Keep it up!

Sorry for the heavily BIAS'ed opinions about these hammocks!

Hammock
    BIAS Camper; WL Sniper; DIY channel
    Tarp
    tarpless
    Insulation
    Frankenquilt
    Suspension
    you name it
    just a quick shout out. I was told when I ordered mine that it would be at least ten days. It was like 3 days later that a package showed on the door step. Delivered early! What a great suprise. Underpromised and overdelivered. I like it. Thanks Brian.

Images
    I hear Ya! I'm drinking the Kool Aid....

Hammock
    Homemade
    Tarp
    Homemade
    Suspension
    Readystraps
    Funny you should mention the brown colored hammock. Made me think about this past weekend. I spent 2 nights in my favorite brown hammock and just realized how much it looked like a Moose from about 100 ft. away. Glad it isn't Moose season till Nov. but I had to wonder if that one guy was out there thinking that he was going to bag an early Moose.
    Think I will put some red X's on mine.
    Love the brown though. Very comfy feeling. Unlike the red that makes me feel like standing up in it and dancing all night.

• + New Posts