Hammock
    diy bridge
    Tarp
    DIY

Bridge Hammock as a chair

Anyone using their bridge hammock as a chair? I have a hard time getting in and out when off the ground. Any tips?

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jmudler View Post
    Anyone using their bridge hammock as a chair? I have a hard time getting in and out when off the ground. Any tips?
    I use mine all the time as a chair... hang it at a height where your feet touch the ground comfortably.... either walk backwards to stand you up (works on any top loader), or lean forward, grasp the webbing with both hands and push down, thus raising yourself.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    something I like to do in my DIY bridges is sit in the middle, pull my legs and and cross them in front of me. I get tremendous back support, and it doesn't matter what height I've hung at.

Grizz

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    I agree with Grizz as usual. I love using my bridges as chairs but as Pan says, you do better if it is the right height off the ground. If I hang mine too low with my bad knees I can hardly get out of it. Mule
    Predictions are risky, especially when it comes to the future.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I do as Pan and Grizz both say. I think this hammock is more comfortable than the HH when used as a chair. My homemade Speer-types are very comfortable as chairs if I fold them in half and sit on the outside (HH-style but w/o the bug net), but then I gotta make sure the two layers don't slide over each other and slip me out. Not that big a deal.

The Bridge is better for lounging in like a chair, but the Speer-types are better for sitting on when I have to bend down to cook, tie my shoes, etc.

My wife has a hard time getting out of the Bridge if it's too low to the ground, though.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    I do as Pan and Grizz both say. I think this hammock is more comfortable than the HH when used as a chair. My homemade Speer-types are very comfortable as chairs if I fold them in half and sit on the outside (HH-style but w/o the bug net), but then I gotta make sure the two layers don't slide over each other and slip me out. Not that big a deal.

The Bridge is better for lounging in like a chair, but the Speer-types are better for sitting on when I have to bend down to cook, tie my shoes, etc.

My wife has a hard time getting out of the Bridge if it's too low to the ground, though.
    Has anybody tried scooting WAY up to one end of the hammock, and using the end caps as a chair back? This is a quite excellent way to sit and read. If I don't go far enough, the spreader bar kind of forces my head forward at an awkward angle. But if I scoot up enough, all is just right.

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Has anybody tried scooting WAY up to one end of the hammock, and using the end caps as a chair back? This is a quite excellent way to sit and read. If I don't go far enough, the spreader bar kind of forces my head forward at an awkward angle. But if I scoot up enough, all is just right.
    BB58,

Yup this works great.... BTW there is a picture of Smee doing just that on the BMBH page... scroll to the bottom left photo.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

• + New Posts