If you want to save a bit on weight you could use nano-seeum.
Baffles were described to be a bit differently. The baffle is the actual separating fabric between the channels. I thought the channels were called baffles and was corrected.
Originally Posted by Dustb2000
The biggest change would be to use 850 down to save weight and for better warmth. This was an experiment for me to see how these things are made. Now that I see there's no witchcraft involved (no offense meant to witches or warlocks), I would follow the dimensions computed by the calculators and sew it up. I spent way too much time futzing about the dimensions and what not. I would also make the baffles smaller. 3 inches with a maximum of 3.5 is a bit much for me. I would make it 2.5 with a max of 3 inches. Thats plenty for where I live.
I also like the full length as apposed to torso length - only because I am a very cold sleeper and my legs need the extra insulation.
So, use better down, decide on a length and width and sew it up. I use a metallic marker to make my lines for the baffles and also to mark my (doesn't bleed thru) seam allowance. I now just put the marks together on the edges and sew it up - much easier.
I can make a torso length in 4 hours and a full length in 5 hours if I put my mind to it and don't get interrupted too much.
Almost forgot - I've been using the UQ down to 26* so far and have been comfortable. Was hoping for snow next week but the weather man says no. Used with my new winter sock it gets sweltering inside and I have to vent. I would rather have too much warmth as apposed to not enough. Please remember that I am a very cold sleeper and you have to decide whats warm for yourself.
Last edited by Lost_Biker; 11-22-2012 at 10:02.
Looks nice. Might have to mimic your design on mine. GJ on it
Thank-you. Feel free.
Originally Posted by XTrekker