Tarp
    Noah12, Mambajamba
    Insulation
    DIY TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie + straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bowl-maker View Post
    how about putting in a hatch in the bottom of your hammock like in the seat of longjohns? ;-)
    They're already on the market, bottom entry (or is it exit) Hennessy!
    .... the Aardvark (earth pig)... a rather unremarkable creature whose sole claim to fame is that it is the first animal listed in the dictionary.
    Rob

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    HH Asym
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    WHOOPIE AND STRAPS
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtle Creek View Post
    Uhhh, this may the only time we say this .... no pics neccesary

In all seriousness, I have seen a youtube video of one ... I am pretty sure of this. I will go search now. Will update if I find it.

Edit: I think this is what I thinking of ... http://www.applebyoutdoor.com/
    Yea that's sorta what I had in mind but just in a different shape and using straps
    BT
    "Hang safe and enjoy the outdoors"

http://tqnt.webs.com/
    Turtle Quilts N Tarps
    your home for custom made products

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    HH Asym
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    WHOOPIE AND STRAPS
    ok finally got the trial unit finnished and its made of strait straps no fabric and my wife has deemed it the "shyt sling" lol and she thinks that its gonna break lol so i might post pics of just the unit set up lol no model present lol. adn i know this is a touchy subject but for us larger guys or someone with back issues that may not do any hangs where there is not a conventional toilet this could change their mind and ill post pics of how i made it and everything. and if anyone has any questions feel free to ask as i hope this helps some people that are in the same problem i am.
    BT
    "Hang safe and enjoy the outdoors"

http://tqnt.webs.com/
    Turtle Quilts N Tarps
    your home for custom made products

Hammock
    DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Really the only thing I see missing with these hammock toilets is a way to attach a disposable or biodegradable "crap bag" right to it. Can anyone think of how to do that part?

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DBL, Camo Hideaway, ENO DN
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies&DutchGear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DivaB View Post
    Really the only thing I see missing with these hammock toilets is a way to attach a disposable or biodegradable "crap bag" right to it. Can anyone think of how to do that part?
    Binder clips? Arrange them below the 'hammock' so that you are not sitting on them.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTurtle View Post
    my wife has deemed it the "shyt sling" lol and she thinks that its gonna break lol
    Ok, this is stupid and I'll be the first to admit it, but we already have the "whoopie sling"... so why not the "poopie sling"?

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
    - John Burroughs

I imagine a hoop of material that supports you under the knees and armpits that you'd sit in like you're floating down a river in an innertube might work well and keep the material fairly poop-free.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0 Dbl
    Tarp
    WB BMJ
    Insulation
    HG 20* Phoenix
    Suspension
    Dutch & Whoopie!
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTurtle View Post
    my wife has deemed it the "shyt sling" lol and she thinks that its gonna break lol.
    Dude! If it breaks, guess what you'll be sitting in...

Hammock
    DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Quote Originally Posted by raiffnuke View Post
    Binder clips? Arrange them below the 'hammock' so that you are not sitting on them.

Ok, we're getting somewhere. For whatever reason I was stuck on clothes pins, but couldn't figure out how to keep the ends of the pins from sticking out over the hole portion of the toilet.

At least with those clips, once you clip the bag on, you can fold the handles back.

As for privacy, you could just take a few yards of nylon or inexpensive polyester material around the trees, with a 48" or so collapsible, light weight, stake out to the front for knee room, and you have a pretty good, portable bathroom unit. Could do a mini tarp over it too.

In an empty parmesan cheese can, you could do a mixture of cat litter and dry detergent to sprinkle on top of contents in used bag. Keep everything together with a PVC poop tube so you can carry contents out

I've been thinking a lot about this, because we often camp with the Ohio Group in a particular camp ground where a mountain bike path does a loop right in the middle. No bathrooms, no privacy, plus I'm a bit grossed out at the thought of so many people camping there on weekends and just using the woods. You can only hope everyone is digging a hole, and we all know they aren't....but I also don't want to dig up an area that was used just the weekend before. Seems this particular area has been used enough that everyone should consider carrying out their waste by this point. It's close enough to the vehicles that it shouldn't be a problem.....plus my knees don't like to work with me to get back out of the squat position, so a seat would be nice. To top it off my son wants one, so I figure if I can make it work they way it should, then I'll make one

Hammock
    Gill Net
    Tarp
    Pine Tree
    Insulation
    Ivey Leaves
    Suspension
    Rock N Root