Results 1 to 10 of 10

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    flatline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    high point, nc
    Hammock
    Wilderness Logics Night/Lite Owls
    Tarp
    WL-TP/OMW/BF
    Insulation
    WL-TQ/UQ x3
    Suspension
    Dutch-n-Whopies
    Posts
    2,991
    Images
    44

    3/4 UQ for my wife

    i took my wife for her first over night hang last weekend.
    a near by winery (Round Peak) has a camp-out every year, so i asked her to go and she said okay. we had a great time and now she's hooked on hammocking!

    so i need another UQ for us.

    i have been lusting after a 3/4 UQ all sumer long. and now i have the perfect opportunity to add another WL UQ to the fleet.
    we'll be taking it for a test in a couple of weeks, at the Grayson Highlands Fall Festival hang. we can't wait!

    __bob__

    >_please add your name to the world wide H F member location list_<


    _________f___l___a___t___l___i___n___e_________

    " just jump in where you can and hang on!" - briscoe darling

    ___the_cure_for_flatline_disease_can_be_found_here ____

  2. #2
    MAD777's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    South Florida
    Hammock
    DIY, WBBB &amp; Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY down 3/4 UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide &amp; Dutch
    Posts
    8,542
    Images
    39
    Congratulations on getting your better half in hammock!
    I've been working on mine, but so far, it's limited to a morning hang at the nearby local park.
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

  3. #3
    Old Gorge Rat Hawk-eye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Oak Ridge & Linville Gorge, North Carolina
    Hammock
    HHE, 2QZQ Mod4, Jerry 5 DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/SFly Camo
    Insulation
    HammockGear Prod.
    Suspension
    Use them all!
    Posts
    9,805
    Images
    3
    That's fantastic Bob! My bride was suppose to go backpacking with me last year and well things didn't work out on a lot of levels but she's wanting to give it a try this fall ... so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'll need to out fit her too if she takes to it. She already loves hiking in the Gorge ...

    WARNING: Will discuss Rhurbarb Strawberry Pie and Livermush at random.


    "A democracy is two wolves and a small lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." ... B.Franklin


    Home of the Gorge Rats: Linville Gorge
    My Videos YouTube Channel
    Photo collections Flickr Photostream


    Gorge Rat Productions On FaceBook

  4. #4
    flatline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    high point, nc
    Hammock
    Wilderness Logics Night/Lite Owls
    Tarp
    WL-TP/OMW/BF
    Insulation
    WL-TQ/UQ x3
    Suspension
    Dutch-n-Whopies
    Posts
    2,991
    Images
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk-eye View Post
    That's fantastic Bob! My bride was suppose to go backpacking with me last year and well things didn't work out on a lot of levels but she's wanting to give it a try this fall ... so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'll need to out fit her too if she takes to it. She already loves hiking in the Gorge ...
    we're heading to GHSP on the 29th.
    if you can work it in y'all should come up.
    they have "facilities" and it's a fall festival (maybe junk food vendors!).

    >_please add your name to the world wide H F member location list_<


    _________f___l___a___t___l___i___n___e_________

    " just jump in where you can and hang on!" - briscoe darling

    ___the_cure_for_flatline_disease_can_be_found_here ____

  5. #5
    flatline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    high point, nc
    Hammock
    Wilderness Logics Night/Lite Owls
    Tarp
    WL-TP/OMW/BF
    Insulation
    WL-TQ/UQ x3
    Suspension
    Dutch-n-Whopies
    Posts
    2,991
    Images
    44
    thx MAD777,
    i really got lucky when i stumbled into the winery camp-out.
    a catered super, wine, bonfire, s'mores and "facilities". she couldn't say no.

    >_please add your name to the world wide H F member location list_<


    _________f___l___a___t___l___i___n___e_________

    " just jump in where you can and hang on!" - briscoe darling

    ___the_cure_for_flatline_disease_can_be_found_here ____

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    D-ville
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by flatline View Post
    i have been lusting after a 3/4 UQ all sumer long. and now i have the perfect opportunity to add another WL UQ to the fleet.
    we'll be taking it for a test in a couple of weeks, at the Grayson Highlands Fall Festival hang. we can't wait!

    __bob__
    Mine just arrived in the mail today, trying it out tonight in 30 degree weather. Any tips for first time user on suspending/adjusting for best results?

  7. #7
    flatline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    high point, nc
    Hammock
    Wilderness Logics Night/Lite Owls
    Tarp
    WL-TP/OMW/BF
    Insulation
    WL-TQ/UQ x3
    Suspension
    Dutch-n-Whopies
    Posts
    2,991
    Images
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by dakine View Post
    Mine just arrived in the mail today, trying it out tonight in 30 degree weather. Any tips for first time user on suspending/adjusting for best results?
    try to have an observer check for a complete seal at the shoulders and knees.
    Marty uses enough shock cord that you may want to wrap a couple extra times around the gathered end balls.
    Try to have the UQ slightly lift the unoccupied hammock.
    Don't make the shoulder and knee end too tight.
    You'll have it perfect after about 30 mins. of test/tweak.
    And don't snore so loud that others can hear you
    __bob__

    >_please add your name to the world wide H F member location list_<


    _________f___l___a___t___l___i___n___e_________

    " just jump in where you can and hang on!" - briscoe darling

    ___the_cure_for_flatline_disease_can_be_found_here ____

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    D-ville
    Posts
    121
    Thanks, it went well last night, 30 degrees, light breeze, a few cold spots in the morning but would not be a problem when camping.

    Unlike yours, the suspension is very tight and lifted the hammock nearly to the ridgeline (108 inches long). So he must have either shortened the cord, or your ridgeline is shorter than mine.

    I took about one minute "tweaking" the setup. Pretty much plug-and-play. And the materials/construction look top notch.

  9. #9
    flatline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    high point, nc
    Hammock
    Wilderness Logics Night/Lite Owls
    Tarp
    WL-TP/OMW/BF
    Insulation
    WL-TQ/UQ x3
    Suspension
    Dutch-n-Whopies
    Posts
    2,991
    Images
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by dakine View Post
    Thanks, it went well last night, 30 degrees, light breeze, a few cold spots in the morning but would not be a problem when camping.

    Unlike yours, the suspension is very tight and lifted the hammock nearly to the ridgeline (108 inches long). So he must have either shortened the cord, or your ridgeline is shorter than mine.

    I took about one minute "tweaking" the setup. Pretty much plug-and-play. And the materials/construction look top notch.
    Glad you enjoyed the shake down hang.
    I wasn't sure which hammock you where using.
    I use a 108 SRL and mine is the same as you described.
    I dont make any additional wraps at the end.
    __bob__

    >_please add your name to the world wide H F member location list_<


    _________f___l___a___t___l___i___n___e_________

    " just jump in where you can and hang on!" - briscoe darling

    ___the_cure_for_flatline_disease_can_be_found_here ____

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    D-ville
    Posts
    121
    I didn't pay attention when hanging the quilt, but there is a top/bottom/head end due to differential cut etc. I emailed Marty who says that the logo should be at the head end, outside.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •