Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.7
    Tarp
    HG cf WinterPalace
    Insulation
    WB yeti
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    So... yesterday I ordered a hammockgear uq, which is made with dwr, as well as the 2qzq silnylon vapor barrier. Not a cheap experiment, but I'm worth it

Hammock
    DIY , HHASYM
    Tarp
    DIY, HH hex
    Insulation
    DIY CLMSHLD, POD
    Suspension
    whoopie

maybe

Quote Originally Posted by K0m4 View Post
    As I thought, my snugpak does not seem to have dwr.

Still though, for argument's sake, does anyone think there would be a problem with condensation if the uq is sewn with the outside fabric being waterproof?

I will either try my hands at this otherwise. Or ask if someone who makes uq:s could do a custom one.. I'm that concerned about it..
    I made an uq and used breathable 1.1 on the inside and waterproof 1.1 on the outside. I am a sweaty sleeper. When I used pads I woke up soaked. With my uq, I have not noticed any moisture in this quilt. I spent 4 nights in the Adirondacks 2weeks ago when the conditions were cold and wet every day. Still no condensation. I have 6oz climashield apex for insulation maybe it would be different with down, IDK. I was worried about condensation when I put it together and always keep an eye on it. I have noticed that its warmer than my other quilt which has breathable 1.1 on both sides. I was chilly at 40*. But with the waterproof bottom I was comfy to ~35*.

Just my two cents
    "It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people THINK your stupid than to open it and PROVE it" - SFC Kagawa, United States Army (my old platoon SGT)
    *Originally -Abraham Lincoln 16th president of US (1809 -1865)

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.7
    Tarp
    HG cf WinterPalace
    Insulation
    WB yeti
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by lattie11581 View Post
    I made an uq and used breathable 1.1 on the inside and waterproof 1.1 on the outside. I am a sweaty sleeper. When I used pads I woke up soaked. With my uq, I have not noticed any moisture in this quilt. I spent 4 nights in the Adirondacks 2weeks ago when the conditions were cold and wet every day. Still no condensation. I have 6oz climashield apex for insulation maybe it would be different with down, IDK. I was worried about condensation when I put it together and always keep an eye on it. I have noticed that its warmer than my other quilt which has breathable 1.1 on both sides. I was chilly at 40*. But with the waterproof bottom I was comfy to ~35*.

Just my two cents
    Haha, of course this comes the day after I spent hundreds of dollars! Thanks for your input though, it's good to know that the idea may work. If dwr isn't up to the task, I may try to figure a solution like this out.

Quote Originally Posted by lattie11581 View Post

Just my two cents
    what kind of waterproof 1.1 is it? got a link to the source?