Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Senior Member Bigbaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Shreveport, Louisiana
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    Wilderness Logics
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    182
    Images
    17

    Smile Review: Equip Travel Hammock

    One day recently I was in Wal-Mart and decided to walk through the sporting goods department. My six year old son has been asking me to take him camping and I was looking to find him a sleeping bag. While looking for a sleeping bag I discovered a blue bag with something stuffed inside. Upon further inspection I determined that what I was holding was a hammock. The EQUIP travel hammock and it had a price tag of $24.95. I thought I would give it a shot for that price but I didnít really expect much from it.


    I took it home and gave it a good review. You can find my review on my blog and there will be a video review at the end. Hope you enjoy the review.

    Also, don't forget the Wilderness Logics Lite Owl Hammock we are giving away on Facebook.

    Here is the video I made for the review. You will still have to visit my blog to see the final thoughts part of the review.

    Last edited by Bigbaby; 09-18-2012 at 17:05.
    BigBaby
    Visit my Blog at www.slipperytrail.net
    Visit me on Facebook!
    Visit my YouTube Channel
    and finally
    My twitter feed

    <a href="http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=44f98c4c-fe6f-4759-989c-bca67fd66808" target="_blank"><img src="http://img.geocaching.com/stats/img.aspx?txt=My+Geocaching+Stats!&uid=44f98c4c-fe6f-4759-989c-bca67fd66808&bg=1" alt="Profile for BigBaby77" /></a>

  2. #2
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Staten Island, NY
    Hammock
    Hennessy Expedition
    Tarp
    Stock Asym
    Insulation
    Wally World Pad
    Suspension
    Biner &amp; Rap Rings
    Posts
    3
    I love this hammock I've been using it all summer to hang out in the yard.

  3. #3
    Senior Member bowl-maker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Hammock
    Hennessy Explorer UL
    Tarp
    DIY Winter Dream
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/JCP TQ
    Suspension
    WS/MSH
    Posts
    398
    Images
    24
    No offense intended, but I would appreciate if you would post your review in this thread so I don't have to go to another site to view it.

    Thanks for doing a review! I look forward to reading it!

  4. #4
    Senior Member ibgary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Hammock
    Dangerbird, (custom) thanks Papa
    Tarp
    10x10 DIY
    Insulation
    DIY insultex.
    Suspension
    Woopie, UCR
    Posts
    467
    I picked up the same hammock for about the same price a few weeks ago. Very well built no light weight construction. I put it up for my daughter and her friends to play in. I've seen 3 of them in it swinging and having a blast. The material is heavy duty, but also has a very nice feel, but ill still be ordering a lite owl next month.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Bigbaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Shreveport, Louisiana
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    Wilderness Logics
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    182
    Images
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucifixion View Post
    I love this hammock I've been using it all summer to hang out in the yard.
    It is great for that! I took a great nap in mine the other day!

    Quote Originally Posted by bowl-maker View Post
    No offense intended, but I would appreciate if you would post your review in this thread so I don't have to go to another site to view it.

    Thanks for doing a review! I look forward to reading it!
    I'm sorry, I would prefer to keep my reviews on my site for now. Thanks for looking and I hope you get to read the review.

    Quote Originally Posted by ibgary View Post
    I picked up the same hammock for about the same price a few weeks ago. Very well built no light weight construction. I put it up for my daughter and her friends to play in. I've seen 3 of them in it swinging and having a blast. The material is heavy duty, but also has a very nice feel, but ill still be ordering a lite owl next month.
    Can't go wrong with a Lite Owl. You would have to do some major punishment to break the Equip.
    BigBaby
    Visit my Blog at www.slipperytrail.net
    Visit me on Facebook!
    Visit my YouTube Channel
    and finally
    My twitter feed

    <a href="http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=44f98c4c-fe6f-4759-989c-bca67fd66808" target="_blank"><img src="http://img.geocaching.com/stats/img.aspx?txt=My+Geocaching+Stats!&uid=44f98c4c-fe6f-4759-989c-bca67fd66808&bg=1" alt="Profile for BigBaby77" /></a>

  6. #6
    Member tgbrowning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Salem, ORE
    Posts
    57
    Images
    2
    Getting a 404 error when I try your link to your blog. You might want to check it. Was using the forum app on a Droid x2 via dolphin HD.

    And I just bought one of those hammocks for my daughter. My wife gave it a try (reading and a nap, not over night). Will b interested to read your review.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Bigbaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Shreveport, Louisiana
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    Wilderness Logics
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    182
    Images
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by tgbrowning View Post
    Getting a 404 error when I try your link to your blog. You might want to check it. Was using the forum app on a Droid x2 via dolphin HD.

    And I just bought one of those hammocks for my daughter. My wife gave it a try (reading and a nap, not over night). Will b interested to read your review.
    Hmm, not sure what happened there but it seems to be working now. I will embed the the video in the original post but you will have to read the article to get my final thoughts on the hammock.
    BigBaby
    Visit my Blog at www.slipperytrail.net
    Visit me on Facebook!
    Visit my YouTube Channel
    and finally
    My twitter feed

    <a href="http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=44f98c4c-fe6f-4759-989c-bca67fd66808" target="_blank"><img src="http://img.geocaching.com/stats/img.aspx?txt=My+Geocaching+Stats!&uid=44f98c4c-fe6f-4759-989c-bca67fd66808&bg=1" alt="Profile for BigBaby77" /></a>

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •