Help with Jeff's Water Bag

Here's his page: http://www.tothewoods.net/HomemadeGearWaterBag.html

Anyone out there using something like this?

This guide isn't very detailed, and I'm a little uncertain on the gusseting steps. He also is suggesting changes to it.

Hammock
    HH Explorer UL 2Q zip
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe Sil
    Insulation
    Te-wa standard
    Suspension
    JRB Whoopies
    Images
    The one I use now came from antigravitygear. I made one years ago after seeing one that "Camp Trails" used to sell.

You just start out with a big circle of silnylon or whatever you're using. Start making 1" pleats or gussets around the edge about 1" apart. You'll end up with a small neck and a teardrop shaped bag (sort of). Finish it off with some crossgrain edging and a handle and you're all set.

Hammock
    DIY and a Lawson
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Poncho liners
    Suspension
    big fat webbing
    Fabric water bags are really common for boaters, since they are generally tight on space anyway. I have made round bottomed buckets our of regular canvas, it soaks up the water and swells so it doesn't leak too badly. Otherwise any coated fabric will work.

They are also used as sea anchors while at sea, they tend to slow a boat that is being pushed too hard by swells and will help stabalize a rocky boat while at anchor.

Hammock
    DIY GE
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    20* zepplin/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    This is just a step off his pack cover. Cut out a circle, roll the edge add ah strap and your done. It doesn't have to be any more complicated than that and it will work perfect.
    Yosemite Sam: Are you trying to make me look a fool?
    Bugs: You don't need me to make you look like a fool.
    Yosemite Sam: Yer deerrrnnn right I don't!

Images
    i just use the wally world dry bags.
    It's not procrastinating, its proactively delaying the implementation of the energy-intensive phase of the project until the enthusiasm factor is at its maximum effectiveness.

Images
    Coghlans sells a water bag very similar to JustJeff's. I use it with a vinyl tube in siphon mode for my gravity filter. That way there isn't a hole in the bottom of the bag if I just want to use it for water hauling.

I use a sawyer filter, and found the CamelBak Quick Link's work great for connecting and switching beteen the the entire family's hydration reservoirs. With the quick link it's no-spill and you just connect and walk away. 2 minutes later that one is full and you swap out for another reservoir. Gravity filters sure beat pumping by hand.