Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29
  1. #21
    Senior Member animalcontrol's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Bloomington, IN
    Hammock
    Warbonnet BB D1.1, Traveler S1.7
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    2/3 UQ, DIY TQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Posts
    2,515
    Images
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    i've got warbonnetoutdoors.com registered, as soon as i get some reliable help to replenish inventory i'll get the site up quick. been busy making stuff lately and need do a couple other things first.
    I'm happy to hear that business is good enough to need additional help!

    I was showing some pics around work today and had some other interested parties...
    "Success favors the prepared" (or something like that)
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

  2. #22
    Senior Member angrysparrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    near Memphis, TN
    Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Posts
    9,686
    Images
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by animalcontrol View Post
    "Success favors the prepared" (or something like that)
    "Dans les champs de l'observation le hasard ne favorise que les esprits préparés."
    "In the fields of observation chance favors only the prepared mind."
    - Louis Pasteur - Lecture, University of Lille,7 December 1854

    That's long been a favorite quote of mine.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by animalcontrol View Post
    I'm happy to hear that business is good enough to need additional help!
    oh, i'm not quite that busy, i'm not getting enough steady orders to keep doing this full time so i'll have to go back to work soon, and i need someone who can make stuff while i'm working, then i don't have to rely on getting enough orders to pay the mortgage.

  4. #24
    Senior Member drewboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Gold Canyon, AZ
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Traveler/Blackbird
    Tarp
    HMG Cuben
    Insulation
    CrowsNest & IX
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Posts
    604
    Images
    109

    Blackbird with JRB Nest - any hints?

    Just got my Blackbird in the mail and can't wait to get out there this weekend and try it out! The workmanship looks top rate. I have read the previous posts on how the JRB quits should work fine, but am wondering if there are any hints on using them before I get out there in the cold outdoors. I was planning on just using the standard JRB suspension on each end, and not worry about the missing loops along the side tieout locations. Has anyone actually evaluated this on the new Blackbird yet?

    Thanks

  5. #25
    koaloah has used his with the mt wash i believe, maybe he'll chime in. i'd say you've got the right idea there.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Bayview Township
    Hammock
    WB Blackbird & Traveler
    Tarp
    MC SpinntexDeLux
    Insulation
    MW3,Yeti,HGsb,UL90
    Suspension
    WS
    Posts
    825
    Images
    6
    I've used the Blackbird with the JRB Nest and Mt. Washington with the supplied JRB suspension set up. They work great. As with any underquilt just make sure the quilt is set up properly.

    The Mt Washington requires minimum tweaking for a nice warm fit. I just pull the suspension and ends relatively snug and enjoy the night. Excessive tightness might reduce the quilts ability to wrap around you shoulders. Haven't tried to really set up the quilt with excessive tension. With the differential cut you would really have to try hard to flatten the loft. Unnecessary tension on the quilt stitching might become more of an issue before loft compression.

    The Nest requires you check on the tension. Similar to its use on any other hammock. Too loose mean air gaps between hammock and quilt. Too tight means compression of the quilt loft.

    Don't use the side HH position tie outs. Sometimes I need to reposition the lateral lay of the quilt. Usually it has been my left shoulder/deltoid area that is exposed. A 10-15cm "re-centering". Easy to do while laying in the Blackbird. Just unzip the netting and reach down pull on the quilt.

    I'm a small person (164cm/57kg). The quilts have more than adequate coverage.

    Side note: The HH SS ocf + space blanket using the WS2 in place of the HH undercover works on the Blackbird.
    Noel V.

  7. #27
    Just another hanger attroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Litchfield, Maine
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    MacCat Ultra Spinn
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Lynx
    Suspension
    Straps
    Posts
    1,658
    Images
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    i've got warbonnetoutdoors.com registered, as soon as i get some reliable help to replenish inventory i'll get the site up quick. been busy making stuff lately and need do a couple other things first.
    Brandon if I were you I would also purchase warbonnethammocks.com and redirect it to warbonnetoutdoors.com. It would be worth it. Maybe even buy warbonnethammocks.net too.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    Brandon if I were you I would also purchase warbonnethammocks.com and redirect it to warbonnetoutdoors.com. It would be worth it. Maybe even buy warbonnethammocks.net too.

    good idea, i'll look into that. thanks troll

  9. #29
    Senior Member drewboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Gold Canyon, AZ
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Traveler/Blackbird
    Tarp
    HMG Cuben
    Insulation
    CrowsNest & IX
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Posts
    604
    Images
    109
    Thanks for the helpful information koaloha05. It doesn't sound like I'll need to do anything special then, just the usual Nest adjustments. Am looking forward to giving my Blackbird a try this weekend. This really looks to be a significant enhancement over my HH Hyperlite, with no weight penalty. I also really like how well the included BB bag works. One step closer to hammocking nirvana.


    Quote Originally Posted by koaloha05 View Post
    I've used the Blackbird with the JRB Nest and Mt. Washington with the supplied JRB suspension set up. They work great. As with any underquilt just make sure the quilt is set up properly.

    The Mt Washington requires minimum tweaking for a nice warm fit. I just pull the suspension and ends relatively snug and enjoy the night. Excessive tightness might reduce the quilts ability to wrap around you shoulders. Haven't tried to really set up the quilt with excessive tension. With the differential cut you would really have to try hard to flatten the loft. Unnecessary tension on the quilt stitching might become more of an issue before loft compression.

    The Nest requires you check on the tension. Similar to its use on any other hammock. Too loose mean air gaps between hammock and quilt. Too tight means compression of the quilt loft.

    Don't use the side HH position tie outs. Sometimes I need to reposition the lateral lay of the quilt. Usually it has been my left shoulder/deltoid area that is exposed. A 10-15cm "re-centering". Easy to do while laying in the Blackbird. Just unzip the netting and reach down pull on the quilt.

    I'm a small person (164cm/57kg). The quilts have more than adequate coverage.

    Side note: The HH SS ocf + space blanket using the WS2 in place of the HH undercover works on the Blackbird.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •