Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 39
  1. #21
    Prefers life at 12 MPH. FLRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Posts
    4,017
    Images
    14
    Another great one to watch over coffee.

    I loved Kaleb's response to the alarm clock: "I've been waiting for that all trip."

    Long days, painful knees, and odd campsites with trains. What more could you ask for?

    Thanks for taking the time and effort to film and edit all of this. It's definitely appreciated.
    "Just prepare what you can and enjoy the rest."
    --Floridahanger

  2. #22
    peanuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Loganville,Ga
    Hammock
    ENO
    Tarp
    wb superfly
    Insulation
    yeti,peapod(1st v
    Suspension
    whoopies treestrap
    Posts
    1,725
    another great video to enjoy my java with
    think tala needs booties....
    one reason i would never be a big mileage hiker

    can't wait till the next one!!!
    Peanuts

    "A womans place is on the trail"

  3. #23
    Member newlease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Lancaster, PA
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.0 dl, GT UL
    Tarp
    McCat Dx, Superfly
    Insulation
    Phoenix, Fl Jacket
    Suspension
    webbing, whoopies
    Posts
    89
    Nice video for a rainy morning. Thanks for sharing!

    (I get tired just watching all that energy. Whew )

  4. #24
    Senior Member Davigilante's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Billings, MT
    Hammock
    Kammok Roo
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Posts
    377
    Fronkey - some clown told me the weight shouldn't go on the toggle, but on the knot.

    Love these videos, inspires me to want to get outside (and get in better shape so I can do milage like that - or half that. Or a quarter of it.)
    ‟Im in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection. But with Montana it is love.″ John Steinbeck

  5. #25
    SoundWitness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Stockton, New Jersey (along the Delaware River)
    Hammock
    Warbonnet BlackBird
    Tarp
    HG-4SCCCFT/WBSF
    Insulation
    Crowsnest/JRB MWUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies, DW baby
    Posts
    684
    Great series of videos. Enjoying every second of every minute. It's got me itching for the woods. Looking forward to part 5!!
    "Surround yourself with the best people you can find, delegate authority, and don't interfere."- RONALD REAGAN

    "There is new life in the soil for every man. There is healing in the trees for tired minds and for our overburdened spirits, there is strength in the hills, if only we will lift up our eyes. Remember that nature is your great restorer." - CALVIN COOLIDGE




    My Backpacking Site

  6. #26
    ... the odds be 50-50 G.G.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    CT
    Hammock
    WBBB & WWM
    Tarp
    OES
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    webbing & whoops..
    Posts
    245
    Fronk, (if I may...) You do a good vid. You've got me itching to get out.

  7. #27
    Senior Member nsdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    louisiana
    Hammock
    HH, and Trek light
    Tarp
    camo tarp
    Insulation
    pad & Jarbridge UQ
    Suspension
    WS & TS
    Posts
    308
    Images
    12

    part 5 soon?

    will part 5 be out soon? i have enjoyed the videos so far fun stuff.
    hang your own hang
    the dream trip
    Stampede Trail - Magic Bus
    Denali National Park and Preserve, AK
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/nsdemon?feature=guide">Nsdemon Videos</a>

  8. #28
    grannypat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    In the woods outside of Westminster, SC
    Hammock
    DIY, HH Exped BE
    Tarp
    Tadpole/Purple Pal
    Insulation
    20 Incubator,WL SS
    Suspension
    whoopies, MSH
    Posts
    2,745
    Really enjoying the videos. No way I could hike that, but I enjoy going along with you. Kala is such a good dog--I like her commands.
    Keep movin', keep believing and enjoy the journey!

  9. #29
    Needs more Hang time Catavarie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Hammock
    LeanGreen/BigRed/DIY
    Tarp
    CatCut Hex/GG12
    Insulation
    Fur I grow myself
    Suspension
    Of Disbelief
    Posts
    3,519
    Images
    3
    So if the barking at the squirrels doesn't wake your hiking partner up, you sic your dog on them? Such a cruel hiking buddy. And don't think I forgot about your singing last year to wake up your buddies.

    Again I say, me no camp with Fronkey.
    *Heaven best have trees, because I plan to lounge for eternity.

    Good judgement is the result of experience and experience the result of bad judgement. - Mark Twain

    Trail name: Radar

    2014 Smoked Butt Hang Planning Thread | Sign up Sheet

  10. #30
    Fronkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Grass Valley, Ca
    Hammock
    DIY &quot;The Crippler&quot;
    Tarp
    &quot;Cuben Refugee&quot;
    Insulation
    DIY &quot;The Ex-gf&quot;
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    5,085
    Quote Originally Posted by FLRider View Post
    Another great one to watch over coffee.

    I loved Kaleb's response to the alarm clock: "I've been waiting for that all trip."

    Long days, painful knees, and odd campsites with trains. What more could you ask for?

    Thanks for taking the time and effort to film and edit all of this. It's definitely appreciated.
    I've been scaring the crap out of him for 18 years, he knew it was coming.
    Thanks for watching dude. I really appreciate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by peanuts View Post
    another great video to enjoy my java with
    think tala needs booties....
    one reason i would never be a big mileage hiker

    can't wait till the next one!!!
    Thanks Peanuts!
    Tala's feet were fine. I was more worried about her muscles, however we couldn't even keep up with her, so I think she was good to go.

    Quote Originally Posted by newlease View Post
    Nice video for a rainy morning. Thanks for sharing!

    (I get tired just watching all that energy. Whew )
    Thanks for watching!

    Quote Originally Posted by Davigilante View Post
    Fronkey - some clown told me the weight shouldn't go on the toggle, but on the knot.

    Love these videos, inspires me to want to get outside (and get in better shape so I can do milage like that - or half that. Or a quarter of it.)
    If you have a small enough toggle, it doesn't matter where you focus the weight.

    Thanks for checking out the video.

    Quote Originally Posted by SoundWitness View Post
    Great series of videos. Enjoying every second of every minute. It's got me itching for the woods. Looking forward to part 5!!
    Thanks!
    I am going to have part 5 up in the morning.
    Quote Originally Posted by G.G. View Post
    Fronk, (if I may...) You do a good vid. You've got me itching to get out.
    Thank you G.G. I'm happy to have you watch.

    Quote Originally Posted by nsdemon View Post
    will part 5 be out soon? i have enjoyed the videos so far fun stuff.
    It will be out in the morning. Thanks for tuning in.

    Quote Originally Posted by grannypat View Post
    Really enjoying the videos. No way I could hike that, but I enjoy going along with you. Tala is such a good dog--I like her commands.
    Thank you.
    She picked up the commands in just a few days. She's one smart pup.

    Quote Originally Posted by Catavarie View Post
    So if the barking at the squirrels doesn't wake your hiking partner up, you sic your dog on them? Such a cruel hiking buddy. And don't think I forgot about your singing last year to wake up your buddies.

    Again I say, me no camp with Fronkey.
    If you are new to camping and go out with me, you will get a terrible wake up call. But, atleast it's funny to film.

    Fronkey

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •