Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 73
  1. #61
    Fronkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Grass Valley, Ca
    Hammock
    DIY "The Crippler"
    Tarp
    "Cuben Refugee"
    Insulation
    DIY "The Ex-gf"
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    5,085
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUEFIN 774 View Post
    Hey Fronkey,

    Thanks for sharing the trip with us.

    Very nice trail and great campsites. Kaleb did excellent for his first trip. You all looked quite tired by the time you finished the trip. The milage you did was amazing.

    How did the quilts hold up as regards to keeping dry? dDd you get much morning dew ?

    Again, thanks for taking us along.
    Thanks a lot BLUEFIN. We were pretty beat afterwards, but I'm already having trail withdrawals.

    The quilts worked awesome and we never had any moisture problems the whole time we were out there. Hammockgear makes good stuff.

    Fronkey

  2. #62
    MAD777's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    South Florida
    Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY down 3/4 UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide & Dutch
    Posts
    8,562
    Images
    39
    Fronkey, your cousin is going to think Paris Island is a cake walk after what you put him through!
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

  3. #63
    New Member TeamVenture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Arlington Texas
    Hammock
    Hennessy Ultralite
    Insulation
    Phoenix 0*
    Posts
    36
    I'm so sad its over! But so glad you 3 made it through. That seriously was such a pleasure to watch. Very inspiring. I am so going to encourage you to take more trips just so I can watch the aftermath.

    When's the next trip?

    haa haaa
    InJoy,
    Claire

  4. #64
    Fronkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Grass Valley, Ca
    Hammock
    DIY "The Crippler"
    Tarp
    "Cuben Refugee"
    Insulation
    DIY "The Ex-gf"
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    5,085
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD777 View Post
    Fronkey, your cousin is going to think Paris Island is a cake walk after what you put him through!
    Thank you sir. He will represent Florida really well.

    Quote Originally Posted by TeamVenture View Post
    I'm so sad its over! But so glad you 3 made it through. That seriously was such a pleasure to watch. Very inspiring. I am so going to encourage you to take more trips just so I can watch the aftermath.

    When's the next trip?

    haa haaa
    Thanks dude. I am working on an even bigger trip right now that I will be doing in the near future. It will make this one look like a backyard hang.

    Fronkey

  5. #65
    Whoooo Buddy)))) Shug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Hammock
    DIY GreenBeanHammock
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Frankenquilt/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    14,487
    Images
    62
    Whooooo Buddy and Congratulations on that awesome....yes, I said awesome thru.
    Caleb was a stalwart partner and good luck to him in the Marine corps.
    Hope you got all your BBQ and burgers that were dreamed of.
    Fun to watch ya'll.
    Shug
    Whoooo Buddy)))) I Love Onions, Grits, Greens, Livermush, NC Style BBQ, Potted Meat, Anchovies, 'Naner Puddin", Peanut Butter Pie, Red Velvet Cake and Cocoa and Straaaaaawwwwberrrry Milk and Coffee Crisps....
    I Hope Heaven has a Bakery!!!!



    Shug's YouTube Videos

    Hammock How-To Videos ..... Essentials For Noobs

    Shug and Friends Jammin'

  6. #66
    GrizzlyAdams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Hammock
    DIY Bridge, v0.n, where n is large
    Tarp
    depends on season
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Posts
    4,628
    Images
    564
    Congrats on completing your hike!

    But you've set a dangerous precedent showing so much footage of the Wolf. We expect her now in all your vids. Like Dutch, she's easy on the eyes. Quite a cutie, and clearly thought nothing of strolling along on your 20+ mile days. Probably her racial memory had her dreaming of pulling a sled in the Yukon Territory.
    Grizz
    (alias ProfessorHammock on youtube)

  7. #67
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    Hammock
    DIY Gear Supply pattern
    Tarp
    8x10 Hex
    Insulation
    DIY Down TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & slings
    Posts
    101
    Thanks for taking the time and extra effort to share your trip with us!

  8. #68

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Mountainside, NJ
    Hammock
    depends on weather
    Tarp
    SWT
    Insulation
    various
    Suspension
    Straps, Dutch Clip
    Posts
    1,502
    Images
    11
    Thanks for taking us along! Great trip - Caleb is a hiker! So is Tala. Fronkey... not so much. (Just kidding, of course, you 36 mile plus guy!) Thanks again.

  9. #69
    un-assembled! Groovy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Reno,Nv
    Hammock
    DangerBird72 /W.L. Light owl
    Tarp
    4S Cuben/WL OMW
    Insulation
    Fronkey made20* UQ
    Suspension
    Whooooopie...
    Posts
    315
    Nice trip. That was fun watching the progress. Thank you for sharing it.
    "When you get to the end of your rope,tie a knot and Hang On."- Franklin D. Roosevelt

  10. #70
    Fronkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Grass Valley, Ca
    Hammock
    DIY "The Crippler"
    Tarp
    "Cuben Refugee"
    Insulation
    DIY "The Ex-gf"
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    5,085
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Whooooo Buddy and Congratulations on that awesome....yes, I said awesome thru.
    Caleb was a stalwart partner and good luck to him in the Marine corps.
    Hope you got all your BBQ and burgers that were dreamed of.
    Fun to watch ya'll.
    Shug
    Thanks man. It was a great time out there and good practice for the next time I will be doing it. Looking forward to seeing the Kekekebac Trail and Kaleb says, "Thank you."

    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post
    Congrats on completing your hike!

    But you've set a dangerous precedent showing so much footage of the Wolf. We expect her now in all your vids. Like Dutch, she's easy on the eyes. Quite a cutie, and clearly thought nothing of strolling along on your 20+ mile days. Probably her racial memory had her dreaming of pulling a sled in the Yukon Territory.
    Thanks Grizz. It really does feel good to finish that trail and put that tree thing behind me.
    Tala will be a regular cast member of my vids and I have a pretty fun idea for a video featuring her and Kiba. Thanks a lot for watching and hope all is well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Murl View Post
    Thanks for taking the time and extra effort to share your trip with us!
    Thanks for watching!

    Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    Thanks for taking us along! Great trip - Caleb is a hiker! So is Tala. Fronkey... not so much. (Just kidding, of course, you 36 mile plus guy!) Thanks again.
    Thanks dude. Yeah, I'm not a hiker... more of a woods wanderer.

    Quote Originally Posted by Groovy View Post
    Nice trip. That was fun watching the progress. Thank you for sharing it.
    Thanks Groovy. It was fun to make the videos.

    Fronkey

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •