Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 40
  1. #21
    BLUEFIN 774's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Newfoundland, Canada
    Hammock
    Hennessy ULBA with 2QZQ mod #4
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway Tarp
    Insulation
    Hammockgear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    WhoOpie Slings/DCs
    Posts
    854
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Wow.....I could watch that spout spout all the day long. Bit of rain while out.....yeah!
    Thanks. Looks wonderful up your way.
    Shug
    Hey Shug,

    Thanks for watching, I don't mind the rain. I was nice and dry until I started to hike out and then I got soaked. The hardest part of preparing this video was cutting it down from 58 minutes to the 13 minutes in the final cut....I had a lot of spout footage on it and I could watch it all day. I feel so lucky that this is so close to my home.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rockdawg69 View Post
    Great vid Bluefin. Nice to see your part of the world. Love the rocks and ocean cliffs. Just a small part of Europe still hooked to the new world.
    Hey Rockdawg69,

    Thanks for watching, glad you enjoyed the scenery.
    Take care,
    Bluefin


    Bluefin's Videos

  2. #22
    Tripod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Marion, MA
    Hammock
    Clark North American
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie,Dutch
    Posts
    168
    Great video, Thanks for sharing . Hiking along side the ocean certainly is nice.
    Former Hammock Forum Name - jpkeo

    NEHHA Spring Swing Sign Up Sheet

  3. #23
    Spurr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Shoreview Mn
    Hammock
    WL Night Owl
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    WL TQ & Pad
    Suspension
    Whoppies/Straps
    Posts
    325
    Wow, cant get enough of the coastline and that spout. Thanks for sharing that.
    If a woman doesn't find you handsome, she should at least find you handy...Red Green

    Jerry,

  4. #24
    Senior Member NarlocB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Hammock
    DIY (x2), HH and now DD Hammock
    Tarp
    DD Tarp
    Suspension
    Straps/Whoopies
    Posts
    207
    Nice video. Geyser is very cool.
    When the wife asks, I simply say "Shug made me do it".

  5. #25
    sturgeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Toronto ON
    Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, Burrow
    Posts
    740
    Images
    2
    Thanks Bluefin! I think I loved that gulch more than the Spout. That's some dramatic coastline there. BTW does the Spout freeze over in the winter, I wonder?

    Sounds like you need to invest in some some rain-pants or rain-chaps...

    Once again, thanks for taking us along to your part of the world.

  6. #26
    BLUEFIN 774's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Newfoundland, Canada
    Hammock
    Hennessy ULBA with 2QZQ mod #4
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway Tarp
    Insulation
    Hammockgear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    WhoOpie Slings/DCs
    Posts
    854
    Quote Originally Posted by jpkeo View Post
    Great video, Thanks for sharing . Hiking along side the ocean certainly is nice.
    Thanks for watching. The views on the East Coast Trail are beautiful and I love to share them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spurr View Post
    Wow, cant get enough of the coastline and that spout. Thanks for sharing that.
    Glad you enjoyed, I had fun making the trip and video.

    Quote Originally Posted by NarlocB View Post
    Nice video. Geyser is very cool.
    Thanks, It is pretty amazing.

    Quote Originally Posted by sturgeon View Post
    Thanks Bluefin! I think I loved that gulch more than the Spout. That's some dramatic coastline there. BTW does the Spout freeze over in the winter, I wonder?

    Sounds like you need to invest in some some rain-pants or rain-chaps...

    Once again, thanks for taking us along to your part of the world.
    Hey sturgeon, The gulch is pretty dramatic. It was really neat looking in the fog on the way back. I'm not sure if the spout freezes over in the winter.

    I'm looking for some rain gear, I just can't decide on what to get. The trail was very dense with high bushes and I don't think much could have helped that day.

    Thanks for watching and for the comments
    Take care,
    Bluefin


    Bluefin's Videos

  7. #27
    LazyBee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Buford, Georgia
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL, WBRR DL
    Tarp
    McCat Ultra
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Straps
    Posts
    150
    Images
    2

    Thumbs up Awesome coastline and ocean swells breaking

    What a rugged and beautiful coast line you have up there, I really was in awe of the fresh water spout blowing up every few seconds, the trees bent from the never relenting wind were impressive too. Glad you posted and from reading the other comments, everyone else enjoyed it too, I certainly did!
    Lazybee

  8. #28
    Bruciehi5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Australia, Brisbane, Queensland
    Hammock
    WarBonnet Blackbird 1.1
    Tarp
    WarBonnet Edge
    Insulation
    4 JRB quilts.
    Suspension
    Home made job.
    Posts
    668
    Itís good to see a video from you again BLUEFIN 774! Yeah, that spout is pretty cool! Looks like that place gets some pretty wild weather! Iíve never seen a blow hole as good as that before. I was hoping youíd get up close to it, and you did Ė thatís amazing! Thanks for the video!

  9. #29
    BLUEFIN 774's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Newfoundland, Canada
    Hammock
    Hennessy ULBA with 2QZQ mod #4
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway Tarp
    Insulation
    Hammockgear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    WhoOpie Slings/DCs
    Posts
    854
    Quote Originally Posted by LazyBee View Post
    What a rugged and beautiful coast line you have up there, I really was in awe of the fresh water spout blowing up every few seconds, the trees bent from the never relenting wind were impressive too. Glad you posted and from reading the other comments, everyone else enjoyed it too, I certainly did!
    Lazybee
    Hey LazyBee,
    Thanks for watching and the comments. I enjoy videos from others on the Forum that show different areas and I like to share mine too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruciehi5 View Post
    Itís good to see a video from you again BLUEFIN 774! Yeah, that spout is pretty cool! Looks like that place gets some pretty wild weather! Iíve never seen a blow hole as good as that before. I was hoping youíd get up close to it, and you did Ė thatís amazing! Thanks for the video!
    Hey Bruciehi5,
    Glad you enjoyed the video. Here in Newfoundland, Canada we do get plenty of wild weather. The trees on the coast are called "tuckamore" a term for spruce and fir trees that are stunted in growth and twisted by the wind. When I got close to the spout it was amazing how loud it sounded....could not really get the same sound with the camera. Thanks for the comments
    Take care,
    Bluefin


    Bluefin's Videos

  10. #30

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Toronto Ontario
    Posts
    120
    Images
    6
    Thanks for the video, Bluefin. It reinforces wanting to make a trip east. You live in an amazing area.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •