Page 16 of 47 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 466
  1. #151
    L.D. Cakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Holston Mtn. Foothills
    Hammock
    Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Posts
    3,218
    Images
    81
    With the cost of flights with Allegiant Air to Florida I think just about anyone can get to this hang!
    Check it out.
    Love many, trust few & always paddle your own canoe. American Proverb

  2. #152
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    7
    I just got word about this group from a camping buddy and really look forward to meeting some outdoor types. Wife & I plan on arriving Friday night.. Would it be possible to camp in a small minivan camper?

  3. #153
    New Member Ice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Roan Mountain TN
    Hammock
    Hennessy
    Insulation
    -20 bag
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomasz View Post
    I just got word about this group from a camping buddy and really look forward to meeting some outdoor types. Wife & I plan on arriving Friday night.. Would it be possible to camp in a small minivan camper?
    Would that be a VW bus? :-)

    Ice (AKA docric)

  4. #154
    Gumbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Orlando, Fl
    Hammock
    Chrysalis
    Tarp
    Old4Hats Hilton
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Posts
    1,027
    Images
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomasz View Post
    I just got word about this group from a camping buddy and really look forward to meeting some outdoor types. Wife & I plan on arriving Friday night.. Would it be possible to camp in a small minivan camper?
    RV's are not allowed on Buck Lake that much I do know. Last year SandyKayak wanted to bring her small Aliner and was told they are not allowed. There are no electrical hookups.

    What kind on minivan camper are we talking about?
    FH4 Video slideshow footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZhujcHFgv0

    FHV Planning is ongoing. Look for a Official Planning Thread sometime in August!

  5. #155
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    7
    VW van/bus that would not need any hook up and if needed to be could be camped in in stealth mode

    Quote Originally Posted by Gumbo View Post
    RV's are not allowed on Buck Lake that much I do know. Last year SandyKayak wanted to bring her small Aliner and was told they are not allowed. There are no electrical hookups.

    What kind on minivan camper are we talking about?

  6. #156
    Gumbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Orlando, Fl
    Hammock
    Chrysalis
    Tarp
    Old4Hats Hilton
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Posts
    1,027
    Images
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomasz View Post
    VW van/bus that would not need any hook up and if needed to be could be camped in in stealth mode
    That should not be a problem at all then.

    Glad you are coming!
    FH4 Video slideshow footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZhujcHFgv0

    FHV Planning is ongoing. Look for a Official Planning Thread sometime in August!

  7. #157
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    7
    Great,

    If there is anything that needs to be brought please let us know. We are seasoned campers/hikers/travelers and have all kinds of gear. At the very least we'll have spare tent + gear for those in need. Will also bring our 600+ lbs capacity brazilian hammock.



    Quote Originally Posted by Gumbo View Post
    That should not be a problem at all then.

    Glad you are coming!

  8. #158
    Gumbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Orlando, Fl
    Hammock
    Chrysalis
    Tarp
    Old4Hats Hilton
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Posts
    1,027
    Images
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomasz View Post
    Great,

    If there is anything that needs to be brought please let us know. We are seasoned campers/hikers/travelers and have all kinds of gear. At the very least we'll have spare tent + gear for those in need. Will also bring our 600+ lbs capacity brazilian hammock.
    Check out the spreadsheets in my signature. They will provide some insights into the weekend.

    Kind of you to offer up the tent. I doubt there would be any takers...the brazilian hammock, now that's a different story!
    FH4 Video slideshow footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZhujcHFgv0

    FHV Planning is ongoing. Look for a Official Planning Thread sometime in August!

  9. #159
    MAD777's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    South Florida
    Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY down 3/4 UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide & Dutch
    Posts
    8,551
    Images
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomasz View Post
    Will also bring our 600+ lbs capacity brazilian hammock.
    I'm picturing a Guinness Book of World Record of 113+ hangers in one hammock!
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

  10. #160
    richtorfla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Clearwater,Florida
    Hammock
    Warbonnet BB, HH Explorer deluxe
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway:HH hex
    Insulation
    sleeping bag,KAQ
    Suspension
    strap/buckles
    Posts
    1,330
    Images
    1

    Found another pot!

    Quote Originally Posted by Gumbo View Post
    I want to be clear...no one should go buy a pot. I'm sure we will have one.

    I was only making sure enough had committed to bringing them, so that we covered all the bases with the pots.

    Richtor, was there a turkey in the mix for the Saturday bash? If so is that another pot? Maybe if you are planning to do it still, fry it on Friday instead?
    Was asking around at work for a pot. One of my buddies there said I could borrow his big stock pot. I guess it was from the Army. He is going to bring it to me next week. So I think we are covered on the pot issue.

    On the Turkey, will be cooking it Friday, not fried though. Don't want to be bothered with the oil! Using charcoal to cook it! Think its around a 23 pounder!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •