WBBB SL 1.7, DH Darien UL 1.6, DIYs
    Tarp
    WB Edge/HG 4Season
    Insulation
    7DIncubator&Burrow
    Suspension
    UCR+Whoopies w/DW

DIY H2O set up DIY

So I did a DYI to my H2O devices that meaning my shower, hydration hose/bite valve and my water filter. I had been using an old PUR Hiker filter but have started using the sawyer squeeze set up. The squeeze was good but could be better with some tweaks. First thing I noticed the bags suck but there free with the filter. So i decided to 86 the squeezing idea and when to gravity. Now the problems: I use a hydration hose in my pack with quick disconnects to fill w/o removing the bladder from my pack the Sawyer is no good for that. I bought some auto shut off disconnects to remedy the problem from http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/ite...=searchresults These parts are the same as Platapus and Katadyn but don't work with Camelbak. My video might make more sense! If you have any questions please ask. I have been using this set up with My PUR Hiker for a few years now and cant imagine using anything else. It is now light maybe not uber light but pretty darn light with the squeeze.
    Last edited by krshome; 10-14-2012 at 07:12.

Hammock
    Gill Net
    Tarp
    Pine Tree
    Insulation
    Ivey Leaves
    Suspension
    Rock N Root
    That's a pretty slick set up.I never considered using those for a water bladder system.I have used them on motorcycle fuel lines without a failure.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl
    Tarp
    HG cuben
    Insulation
    HG Pheonix
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch bkls
    Thanks, great little resource on the water line connections.

David