Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Tarp Size.

  1. #11
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Glasgow, UK.
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by esku75 View Post
    The main problem for the EU hangers is that we have a limited range of hammock gear for a reasonable price. Ukhammocks sells warbonnet but in terms of tarps actually we're very limited to few options.
    I've been noticing this, in terms of lightweight tarps, for a reasonable price are pretty hard to find. I'll probably end up needing to order a tarp from the states.

  2. #12
    Member esku75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Mallorca
    Hammock
    UK Hammocks woodsman lite
    Tarp
    TW Poncho tarp
    Insulation
    Pad+sleeping bag
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuu View Post
    I've been noticing this, in terms of lightweight tarps, for a reasonable price are pretty hard to find. I'll probably end up needing to order a tarp from the states.
    In that case I'll pick a warbonnet big mamba jamba or hex tarp at ukhammocks reasonable light and priced with a good coverage. The mamba jamba also have a doors kit that convert it in a 4 season tarp. Check it on YouTube

  3. #13
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Glasgow, UK.
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by esku75 View Post
    In that case I'll pick a warbonnet big mamba jamba or hex tarp at ukhammocks reasonable light and priced with a good coverage. The mamba jamba also have a doors kit that convert it in a 4 season tarp. Check it on YouTube
    Have you got any experience with this tarp?
    Tenth Wonder Ultralight Tarp

    It's 280g and 3.6m long.

  4. #14
    Member esku75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Mallorca
    Hammock
    UK Hammocks woodsman lite
    Tarp
    TW Poncho tarp
    Insulation
    Pad+sleeping bag
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuu View Post
    Have you got any experience with this tarp?
    Tenth Wonder Ultralight Tarp

    It's 280g and 3.6m long.
    No but I looked for it before you can check it here
    http://youtu.be/zTDExOaKdrI

    For summer use I have a poncho tarp 1,4x2,4 m in diagonal pitch and get almost the same side coverage. Definetly not the best for winter use.

    Would prefer to use a minimal of 1,2 or 1,5 m of side coverage (per side) and at least 3 or 3,4 m long. Splash and blowing rain in high winds can be dangerous at reasonable temps (5-8 C).

    Anyways it's a nice and cheap summer tarp.

    I only have a tenth wonder UL hammock with whoopie slings but none of their tarps.

    Best regards

  5. #15
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Glasgow, UK.
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by esku75 View Post
    No but I looked for it before you can check it here
    http://youtu.be/zTDExOaKdrI

    For summer use I have a poncho tarp 1,4x2,4 m in diagonal pitch and get almost the same side coverage. Definetly not the best for winter use.

    Would prefer to use a minimal of 1,2 or 1,5 m of side coverage (per side) and at least 3 or 3,4 m long. Splash and blowing rain in high winds can be dangerous at reasonable temps (5-8 C).

    Anyways it's a nice and cheap summer tarp.

    I only have a tenth wonder UL hammock with whoopie slings but none of their tarps.

    Best regards
    Alright, I think I'm going to buy the 280g tarp as I'll have a 3 season setup which is only around 600 grams. Thanks for your help.

    Stuart.

  6. #16
    Member esku75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Mallorca
    Hammock
    UK Hammocks woodsman lite
    Tarp
    TW Poncho tarp
    Insulation
    Pad+sleeping bag
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuu View Post
    Alright, I think I'm going to buy the 280g tarp as I'll have a 3 season setup which is only around 600 grams. Thanks for your help.

    Stuart.
    Great, let me know how it works

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •