z-packs cuben
    Insulation
    3S Phoenix UQ
    Suspension
    UCR's & straps
    Images

15d microripstop for hammock sock

Has anyone used this for a hammock sock?:

Ultralight 15D Micro-Ripstop Nylon. 1.0oz/yd after coating. 55″ usable width. Heavy Cire coating for excellent DWR and good breathability.

Any thoughts or tips on using this for a hammock sock would be much appreciated.

Hammock
    Darien UL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Hex
    Insulation
    WL SSUQ/HG TQ
    Suspension
    Dyna Whoopies
    I'm bumping this because I just discovered this fabric and was wondering the exact same thing.
    "As a well spent day brings happy sleep, a well spent life brings happy death." -Da Vinci

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    8x10 DIY (speer)
    Insulation
    KAQ Lost River
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Any non-coated fabric should work well for a sock. Calendared (downproof) block the wind better than non-downproof, as long as they're breathable, you should do fine.

15d is really light!

John
    "Do or do not, there is no try." -- Yoda

Hammock
    BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    HG 4 Season Cuben
    Insulation
    All HammockGear
    Suspension
    Whoopies&DutchHook
    I was thinking about doing the exact same thing with this fabric. I'm curious about how you guys would make it.
    My plan was to make it just like the BIAS Buginator bug net but without the opening in the bottom. I might make one end a fixed small hole and the other a large cinch with bungee cord. I'd put the fixed hole end at my feet and then be able to sit up and pull the whole sock over me and cinch it above my head. I also thought this would be good because I could reach up and open it up during the night for venting if it gets too hot.
    I'd love to hear what you guys think about it...

Hammock
    Darien UL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Hex
    Insulation
    WL SSUQ/HG TQ
    Suspension
    Dyna Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBrewGuy View Post
    I was thinking about doing the exact same thing with this fabric. I'm curious about how you guys would make it.
    My plan was to make it just like the BIAS Buginator bug net but without the opening in the bottom. I might make one end a fixed small hole and the other a large cinch with bungee cord. I'd put the fixed hole end at my feet and then be able to sit up and pull the whole sock over me and cinch it above my head. I also thought this would be good because I could reach up and open it up during the night for venting if it gets too hot.
    I'd love to hear what you guys think about it...
    That's a pretty popular way of doing it. So it will definitely work. My plan is to do it TED style with the opening at the top. Think pita bread. It will still have ventilation and I can lounge in my hammock without having to take it off.
    "As a well spent day brings happy sleep, a well spent life brings happy death." -Da Vinci