Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 110
  1. #11
    Moderator Nighthauk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Haydenville, Ma
    Hammock
    WBBB RR DBL 1.1 / DIY Multicam SL
    Tarp
    Superfly/HG CF
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch Clip
    Posts
    2,568
    Way to cool. I want one. That design fits with any furniture styling.
    Husband, Father, and Friend.
    Scout Master and Cub Master for Troop/Pack 705 of
    Chesterfield


  2. #12
    Senior Member kiwi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    AUCKLAND NEWZEALAND
    Hammock
    homemade
    Tarp
    homemade
    Insulation
    homemade UQ
    Suspension
    tree straps
    Posts
    154
    wow!!!!! awesome dude

  3. #13
    Mjprohoroff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Eagle point, OR
    Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    WB SF, soon HG WP
    Insulation
    HG incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Posts
    149
    So cool! You are an insperation!

  4. #14
    [o]TTeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Waterloo, ON, Canada
    Hammock
    R-III
    Tarp
    HG 4S Cuben
    Insulation
    Feathers
    Suspension
    Cinch & Webbing
    Posts
    612
    Images
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Quit your day job. Awesome work dude! Looking forward to seeing it in person.
    Oh you have no idea how much I wish I could quit my day job, I love making gear but there’s no guarantee it will pay the bills! Will hang soon my friend!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nighthauk View Post
    Way to cool. I want one. That design fits with any furniture styling.
    Funny, I’m trying to convince my wife it’s our furniture style??
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
    wow!!!!! awesome dude
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjprohoroff View Post
    So cool! You are an insperation!
    Thanks!!
    "I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
    My Photos My Videos

  5. #15
    Klaussinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    VA
    Hammock
    DIY dbl.layer
    Tarp
    DIY camo semi-cat
    Insulation
    DIY IX-UQ
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies
    Posts
    758
    I love this concept! Great pics, details, and instructions - THANKS!

    -Klauss
    My Blog: http://www.klaussinator.com * Check out the new site! *
    My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/rexmichaelson

    "Forced ingenuity is the drive of a life well lived."

    "But hey, 2 trees anywhere is a bedroom waiting to happen, right?" ~Wolf

  6. #16
    New Member ARHiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Mountainburg, AR
    Hammock
    Hennessy Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Explorer 30D Sil
    Insulation
    HH SuperShelter #2
    Suspension
    Tree Huggers
    Posts
    13
    I think I am going to have to make me one of these!!!!
    ARHiker
    ---------------------
    Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.
    -- Albert Einstine

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Joaquin County, California
    Posts
    219
    Images
    14
    That's a really cool dual-use concept.

    How many cubic inches of fill does this take, and how cool do you think it can be used on its own in hammock mode (what's your definition of 3-season underquilt from the intro)?

    Thanks in advance.

  8. #18
    [o]TTeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Waterloo, ON, Canada
    Hammock
    R-III
    Tarp
    HG 4S Cuben
    Insulation
    Feathers
    Suspension
    Cinch & Webbing
    Posts
    612
    Images
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by OneEye View Post
    That's a really cool dual-use concept.

    How many cubic inches of fill does this take, and how cool do you think it can be used on its own in hammock mode (what's your definition of 3-season underquilt from the intro)?

    Thanks in advance.
    The Prototype has 1oz of 950+ FP White Goose Down per Baffle (4oz total) but the quilt is over stuffed by approximately 10%. The "Ballpark" volume based on the shell surface area and a 2" loft is 867 cubic inches per baffle. I am an extremely warm sleeper so I have difficulty determining ratings but I wouldn’t go below freezing (0c/32f) over night (hammock mode) with it, it’s not the loft but it's smaller dimensions (limited coverage) that are a concern. This UQ is intended for “day-time lounging” mostly but I will use it over night before the snow falls for sure. In "chair mode", I'm hoping it performs equal to, or better then the first version which has been very comfortable at -20c/-4f (illustrated below )

    Last edited by [o]TTeR; 10-15-2012 at 17:59.
    "I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
    My Photos My Videos

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    San Joaquin County, California
    Posts
    219
    Images
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by [o]TTeR View Post
    I am an extremely warm sleeper so I have difficulty determining ratings but I wouldn’t go below freezing (0c/32f) over night (hammock mode) with it, it’s not the loft but it's smaller dimensions (limited coverage) that are a concern. This UQ is intended for “day-time lounging” mostly but I will use it over night before the snow falls for sure. In "chair mode", I'm hoping it performs equal to, or better then the first version which has been very comfortable at -20c/-4f (illustrated below )
    Thanks for the volume information. You must have an internal furnace based on your leg and foot insulation in that picture. Mid-30's is 4-season here if I stick to the valley and foothills, and 3-season in the local mountains. Assuming a foot pad and a topquilt with footbox I'm guessing there is plenty of length available from a 60" unfinished blank. Is it just the width that is a concern? Do you think an extra one or two baffles would ensure enough coverage?

    Appreciate your responses.

  10. #20
    [o]TTeR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Waterloo, ON, Canada
    Hammock
    R-III
    Tarp
    HG 4S Cuben
    Insulation
    Feathers
    Suspension
    Cinch & Webbing
    Posts
    612
    Images
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by OneEye View Post
    Thanks for the volume information. You must have an internal furnace based on your leg and foot insulation in that picture. Mid-30's is 4-season here if I stick to the valley and foothills, and 3-season in the local mountains. Assuming a foot pad and a topquilt with footbox I'm guessing there is plenty of length available from a 60" unfinished blank. Is it just the width that is a concern? Do you think an extra one or two baffles would ensure enough coverage?

    Appreciate your responses.
    The finished length is based on the inner shell which is 54" long so it's not shoulder to foot coverage. Adding another Baffle would definitly help but that takes you to the standard size quilt range in which case I'd use a quilt I already have instead of making a "Micro Beast".
    Last edited by [o]TTeR; 10-19-2012 at 07:26.
    "I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"
    My Photos My Videos

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •