Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hammock
    Kammok Mantis
    Tarp
    Kammok Mantis
    Insulation
    HG UG, Amazon bag

New from Northern Indiana

Hi there everyone! My name is Adam and I just joined the forum today, but have spent a little time trolling and spent a lot more time watching a variety of videos on YouTube on the topic of hammocks. I didn't even know there was such a hammock following until I stumbled upon a video, possibly one of Shug's. I did some research, and loving a hands on project, set out to DIY my own hammock.

I ended up with a 60"x 120" ripstop nylon, gathered end, hammock folded in a "W" pattern with a few inches of pull for "flatter" lay. I whipped the ends with 550 paracord and have two metal rings on each end for buckles for my 10 foot tree huggers as suspension.

I have only hung my hammock once and definitely need to work on making some adjustments. I'm not sure I like the "W" fold in the gathering, I felt like there was a seem going right through my lower back while laying diagonally. I also think I need to lower my tree straps and pull everything a little tighter. Any pointers are welcome! I will post some more pictures of my set up next time I hang it up.

The picture above is how I had it set up that one time. It was a camping trip with my wife in Holland, MI. I just setup the hammock to relax in. I still do not have a tarp or any quilts. When camping with my wife I will not be hammocking, but if/when I get to camp alone or without her I will plan on hammock camping. Here are a couple of pics from our trip, unfortunately the wife got sick and we had to call it short.

Well, I hope everyone has a great day and thanks for taking the time to read my post!
    Last edited by subi4life; 10-17-2012 at 12:28.

• + New Posts