OX Gear
    Tarp
    OX Shed
    Insulation
    Custom m50 HG
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Cheap 800 fill tq

Well a tq was the last thing I needed to complete my setup. I was going to buy a tq from a cottage but just came across this deal. http://www.sierratradingpost.com/wen...mummy~p~5128p/

I had a 35 store credit which after my 45% off coupon brought my total down to 70 bucks. Anyone have any experience with this bag? I really wanted to move away from bags but I feel like this is a heck of a deal. They list in spec on website that it's made from pertex. Not familiar with that.

For anyone that wants this bag for under 120 here is a 45% off coupon code. FED19849. You may have to start a chat a mention that code to get discount as it was automatically applied to my account.
    Or I can forward the email to you which will have links to automatically apply this discount to your cart.
    Last edited by hammockBlazn; 10-27-2012 at 09:05.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL/DIY
    Tarp
    OES/WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    WB Straps
    Images
    The bag from your link is 30 ounces and a mummy bag. You could do some work on it like removing the zipper and hood to turn it in to a proper top quilt. All this is provided that it unzips wide enough to be used as a top quilt. If you can get for $70, go for it. At the very least, you'll have a nice 30-degree bag.
    Syb
    Enjoy the elevation

Images
    I tried the coupon code, but it did not work

Hammock
    HH Explorer Ultralight A-Sym Zip
    Tarp
    HH Hex / OMW
    Insulation
    JRB MW4
    Images
    35* F won't get you into the cold weather of winter unless you plan on converting the bag to an UQ for cool but not cold weather.
    When asked why I sleep with my shoes on? I don't need to out run a bear, just need to out run my camp mates.

Hammock
    DangerBird 72
    Tarp
    Kelty 12' for now
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin 20
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling, DIY
    If you remove the zip, AND narrow the bag some, you'll increase the loft and lower the temp rating. I did the same with a cheapo REI sale bag. It is heavier than my GoLite 3 season TQ because it has lots of feathers in the down. I mention this because you might want to save a little longer and get better gear. Just sayin...

Hammock
    OX Gear
    Tarp
    OX Shed
    Insulation
    Custom m50 HG
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Okay rephrase.

Already have a hammock gear uq and I'm rolling with a kelty mummy bag for a tq. Well the zipper broke meaning I have to send the bag back to Sierra trading post. Since I'm doing that I thought why not spend an extra 70 bucks to get a down bag. Money is not the issue and will still probably get a tq down the road. This bag should not weight that much more than a tq and also should not be that much larger at 15x7. plus seems like the pertex endurance is actually a nice fabric.

In order to get that coupon mention the code to a rep over chat and tell them that you can't find you deal flyer. The code I gave is in direct reference to the flyer they sent out. Or I can just forward the email to you which would allow you to follow a link that would apply the 45 off.
    Last edited by hammockBlazn; 10-27-2012 at 14:00.