Hammock
    HH Exp Deluxe / DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Hex
    Insulation
    DIY UQ / pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Nice work and thanks for the detailed photos. This winter I will have to play with this and see how it would work out.

Hammock
    Left Handed WBBB, SB Pro
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    DIY SLS
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonepile View Post
    Looks just like my Campmor tarp.
    You are exactly right.
    My ego said, SURE you can.
    Half way in my body said OH NO YOU CAN'T

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

My YouTube

Hammock
    Left Handed WBBB, SB Pro
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    DIY SLS
    Quote Originally Posted by theVandeman View Post
    This may be a novice question, but is it just a whoopie connected to the tarp ridgeline via soft shackle, or just one continuous line with splices that act like a whoopie? Just curious is all. I'd be interested in trying something like this but I'd like to be able to easily separate the two and just put a ridgeline on the hammock if I change my mind.
    Basically what it is, is one long line with whoopie’s on each end and two loops in the middle 10’ 4” apart that you attach your hammock to via biners or shackles.

My YouTube

Hammock
    Left Handed WBBB, SB Pro
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    DIY SLS
    Quote Originally Posted by olddog View Post
    My first used the Alpine Butterfly Knots also and after tying and untying then numerous times trying to set the length, to the point of sore fingers. Finally just went with short,3", ABLs and whoopies to the hammock.
    I bet that was a pain adjusting by the knot! What I did was I gathered up all the biners, shackles off my boat and S clips I could find and just kept adding to and taking away until it felt right. Measured the totals for a loopie and done. In hind sight that is always 20/20, I should have used a couple of short temporary whoopies for the adjusting, it sure would have gone faster.

My YouTube

Hammock
    wbbb
    Tarp
    Campmore 9x12
    Insulation
    pads
    Suspension
    single ring
    Images
    Drifter, did you have weight in the hammock while you were working out the adjustments?
    I'm thinking of making one of these rigs, and using a prussic temporarily to slide up and down to find where to tie the Butterfly knot. Do you think that would work?

Hammock
    Left Handed WBBB, SB Pro
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    DIY SLS
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonepile View Post
    Drifter, did you have weight in the hammock while you were working out the adjustments?
    I'm thinking of making one of these rigs, and using a prussic temporarily to slide up and down to find where to tie the Butterfly knot. Do you think that would work?
    No, the only way to know if an adjustment is good is try it. I recommend starting with a lot of sag and keep shortening it till you go past what feels good, then back up one.
    I placed the butterflies 2” each side of the tarp ends so that I could get maximum coverage of the hammock under the tarp and have room to tighten the tarp as it stretches.
    You do not want to place the knot/loops on the inside of where the tarp will be secured at, because any difference in the angle from tree to the butterfly knot loop will cause the tarp to either be tighter or looser from the initial setup setting. Use the prussic temporarily, then move to a different location to setup again if possible and you’ll see what I mean.

My YouTube