Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30
  1. #21
    I Learn So Others Can Too FireInMyBones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Hammock
    Bonefire UL
    Tarp
    Cuben 10'x8'
    Insulation
    Integrated& DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Straps&DIY buckles
    Posts
    2,119
    Images
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by hammock_monk View Post
    Beautiful work! Guess I won't be posting any pics when I finish mine.
    Well, thank you for the compliment, but why won't you be posting pictures of yours? In fact, you've now piqued my interest.
    -Jeremy

    "If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen." 1 Peter 4:11

    Quote Originally Posted by FLRider View Post
    FireInMyBones; he's a mountain goat crossed with a marathoner.
    My YouTube
    My Trail Journal
    http://www.peopleforbikes.org/

  2. #22
    Senior Member Hangin' Burrito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    In the North Carolina mountains!
    Hammock
    Black DIY dual zipper
    Tarp
    Black DIY 10'X12'
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ & TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Posts
    1,333
    Nicely done Jeremy! No doubt that'll be a quilt that'll last you many, many hangs.
    Looking forward to seeing it live next time we hike/hang.
    HB
    "Is this the best you've got?!!" (Shortoff Mtn., Linville Gorge 2010)

    "Life is tough.....it's even tougher if you're stupid!".....(John Wayne)

  3. #23
    Senior Member Resqsarge03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Hammock
    DIY DL gathered end hammock
    Tarp
    DIY 11 ft cat cut
    Insulation
    DIY down diff cut
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies
    Posts
    318
    Images
    5
    those are some good looking draft colors on a great looking quilt. Jeremy has been an example and inspiration to me when it comes to DIY hammocking. it was my pleasure to have the opportunity to give back a little when he called and asked for an extra pair of eyes and hands. I also brought my DIY tarp, which was based on his, and my recently completed underquilt along for his inspection. it is funny to compare our gear because his is advanced and ultralight weight, while mine is obviously beginner/amateurish and based on car camping convenience.
    next project, a topquilt for my son.
    "Live your life so that your children can tell their children that you not only stood for something wonderful- you acted on it"
    -Dan Zadra

  4. #24
    I Learn So Others Can Too FireInMyBones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Hammock
    Bonefire UL
    Tarp
    Cuben 10'x8'
    Insulation
    Integrated& DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Straps&DIY buckles
    Posts
    2,119
    Images
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by Hangin' Burrito View Post
    Nicely done Jeremy! No doubt that'll be a quilt that'll last you many, many hangs.
    Looking forward to seeing it live next time we hike/hang.
    HB
    Thanks, HB. I'm sure it will do me very well. We'll need to hike/hang in cooler weather so I can pull it out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Resqsarge03 View Post
    those are some good looking draft colors on a great looking quilt. Jeremy has been an example and inspiration to me when it comes to DIY hammocking. it was my pleasure to have the opportunity to give back a little when he called and asked for an extra pair of eyes and hands. I also brought my DIY tarp, which was based on his, and my recently completed underquilt along for his inspection. it is funny to compare our gear because his is advanced and ultralight weight, while mine is obviously beginner/amateurish and based on car camping convenience.
    next project, a topquilt for my son.
    Now, now, Joe. As far as I'm concerned, your stitching on your tarp blows the stitching on my first tarp out of the water. Your gear may be heavier than mine, but it is of equal quality. Be proud, my friend. I know that I am.
    -Jeremy

    "If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen." 1 Peter 4:11

    Quote Originally Posted by FLRider View Post
    FireInMyBones; he's a mountain goat crossed with a marathoner.
    My YouTube
    My Trail Journal
    http://www.peopleforbikes.org/

  5. #25
    Dutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Reinholds, PA
    Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Posts
    5,253
    Images
    196
    Nice Jeremy I love the draft collar. I now see about what you mean you string it tight. You do need metal ones hangers
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003


    http://dutchwaregear.com

    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)

    8th Annual Mt Rogers Winter Hang Spreadsheet

  6. #26
    Whoooo Buddy)))) Shug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Hammock
    DIY GreenBeanHammock
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Frankenquilt/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    14,488
    Images
    62
    That UQ makes a backwoods statement....and very Halloweeny as well.
    Truly mighty fine.
    Shug
    Whoooo Buddy)))) I Love Onions, Grits, Greens, Livermush, NC Style BBQ, Potted Meat, Anchovies, 'Naner Puddin", Peanut Butter Pie, Red Velvet Cake and Cocoa and Straaaaaawwwwberrrry Milk and Coffee Crisps....
    I Hope Heaven has a Bakery!!!!



    Shug's YouTube Videos

    Hammock How-To Videos ..... Essentials For Noobs

    Shug and Friends Jammin'

  7. #27
    revbknox's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Hendersonville, NC
    Hammock
    The Green Mile (diy gathered end)
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    Leighlo,Kaq, WLSS
    Suspension
    straps and slings
    Posts
    230
    Images
    6
    That is one sweet quilt FIMB! Maybe tonight up here in the mountains would be a good night to check out its obvious warmth factor
    "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

  8. #28
    DivaB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Newark, OH
    Hammock
    DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Posts
    4,100
    That is absolutely beautiful.....or should I be telling you, That is absolutely handsome!!! Great job!!

  9. #29
    I Learn So Others Can Too FireInMyBones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    Hammock
    Bonefire UL
    Tarp
    Cuben 10'x8'
    Insulation
    Integrated& DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Straps&DIY buckles
    Posts
    2,119
    Images
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Nice Jeremy I love the draft collar. I now see about what you mean you string it tight. You do need metal ones hangers
    Thank you for the compliment. I thought I might need metal ones. I want the others to work (they're so nice), but metal seems to be the ticket.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    That UQ makes a backwoods statement....and very Halloweeny as well.
    Truly mighty fine.
    Shug
    Nothing quite like some red and black to make the evening howl.

    Quote Originally Posted by revbknox View Post
    That is one sweet quilt FIMB! Maybe tonight up here in the mountains would be a good night to check out its obvious warmth factor
    Trust me, I've been drooling over the idea of coming up the road for a taste of some flurries, but I have this darned studying to do (which I'm not...I'm on here).

    Quote Originally Posted by DivaB View Post
    That is absolutely beautiful.....or should I be telling you, That is absolutely handsome!!! Great job!!

    Well...ahem...Thank you there, DivaB. I appreciate the compliment.
    -Jeremy

    "If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen." 1 Peter 4:11

    Quote Originally Posted by FLRider View Post
    FireInMyBones; he's a mountain goat crossed with a marathoner.
    My YouTube
    My Trail Journal
    http://www.peopleforbikes.org/

  10. #30

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    North Brunswick, nj
    Hammock
    Attempting a DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DiY Cat Cut
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Posts
    353
    **** thats sweet looking.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •