Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16
  1. #11
    Senior Member Coldspring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ozarks
    Hammock
    Warbonnets
    Tarp
    MacCat Ultra Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY Climashield
    Posts
    545
    Images
    25
    Neo owes me. I bought one of those $12 sniper parkas on his recommendation.
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...52&postcount=6
    Well, let me tell you, there's not much insulation in the thing. I wouldn't use the thing under 55F.

    It is going to make a great X-mas gift for a friend of mine that is on an actual SWAT team.

  2. #12
    neo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    nashville,tennessee
    Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Posts
    4,148
    Images
    295
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldspring View Post
    Neo owes me. I bought one of those $12 sniper parkas on his recommendation.
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...52&postcount=6
    Well, let me tell you, there's not much insulation in the thing. I wouldn't use the thing under 55F.

    It is going to make a great X-mas gift for a friend of mine that is on an actual SWAT team.


    dude i have been in the 20's with mine no problem,i wll take it if you dont want it lolneo
    the matrix has you

  3. #13
    BillyBob58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Tupelo, MS
    Posts
    8,463
    Images
    353
    Quote Originally Posted by FishinFinn View Post
    Hey neo, I used my 40* North Face Alleghany sb as a top quilt to 12* last weekend with no cold issues - does that mean I'm "frigid" like you? I mean, have ice in my veins? What were you using/were you using an UQ?
    What were YOU using, below and above? Surely not the 40*F bag by itself above? Maybe some warm clothes? What hammock and what below? That's pretty cold weeks before winter starts! ( that is 12*F, right?)
    For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us....that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now.
    Romans 8:18,21-22

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    3,565
    Images
    57
    I am on the other end and get cold 10 or 20 degrees above the rating of a bag or quilt. I seem to be a human popscile after my hike. I think the older the fat layer the more insulating it must be.
    Is that too much to ask? Girls with frikkin' lasers on their heads?
    The hanger formly known as "hammock engineer".

  5. #15
    Senior Member fin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    On the trail
    Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix
    Suspension
    Strap, Whoopie
    Posts
    2,498
    Images
    208
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    What were YOU using, below and above? Surely not the 40*F bag by itself above? Maybe some warm clothes? What hammock and what below? That's pretty cold weeks before winter starts! ( that is 12*F, right?)
    Documented in my custom Blackbird Warbonnet thread. Yep, 12* Fahrenheit with 10 mph winds for a - windchill, but I also had a converted UQ made from a 0* Eddie Bauer down sleeping bag, and was sleeping in my silks, and had a DIY weathershield, as well. That's why I asked. I did 12* no problem, but had additional "help," so to speak.

  6. #16
    BillyBob58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Tupelo, MS
    Posts
    8,463
    Images
    353
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffee View Post
    I am on the other end and get cold 10 or 20 degrees above the rating of a bag or quilt. I seem to be a human popscile after my hike. I think the older the fat layer the more insulating it must be.
    Have you not fattened up some yet? Of course, even if you have that would be NEW fat, so..
    For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us....that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now.
    Romans 8:18,21-22

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •