Tarp
    ENO ProFly
    Insulation
    Guardian bug net
    Suspension
    multiple
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BajaHanger View Post
    That would let the humidity out along with the heat, which defeats the purpose.
    I'm hot natured so being able to shed heat is important. Anyhow, it's just an idea.
    If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.

Hammock
    WBBB dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    BMJ
    Insulation
    incubator/burrow
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopies
    Images
    Used my Warbonet travel sock this weekend for the first time with my blackbird. Temps were -5c (23f) with 100% humidity (were calling for freezing rain but I didn't get any where I was). Had my 3 season burrow and incubator and I stayed toasty warm. I did get a fair bit of condensation in the sock but it didn't really cause any problems except when it camme time to pack up. Lots of ice crystals and frost. I just threw the sock into the truck and not into my pack.

Hammock
    OX Gear
    Tarp
    OX Shed
    Insulation
    Custom m50 HG
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Living is south Ga Ive found myself very comfortable in my HG 3/4. Ive had it down to the 30s and up to the low 70s. Works great from all the ranges we see.

Prefers life at 12 MPH. FLRider's Avatar
    Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Images
    I've been testing a modified Garlington insulator--one without the trash bag (in essence, my poncho suspended under the hammock with a space blanket crumpled up in it to block air movement)--above 50*, and it's worked well for me so far. I've used it down as low as 55* (hoping to see lower temps this coming week) and been comfortable. The total weight penalty for that (since I carry the poncho anyway) is approximately 4 oz. I wouldn't trust it lower than about 50*, though, I don't think.

I do get a little condensation occasionally, especially if I don't wear a shirt to bed. However, I'm also a sweaty dude most of the time.

Also note that I'm also a very warm sleeper compared to most; bag ratings for me are 5* to 10* F too conservative with most bags (i.e.: I can take a 40* bag to 35* or even 30* comfortably).

If you want a short overview, I did a bit on it in my trip report video below (it shows up at about 8:35):

"Just prepare what you can and enjoy the rest."
    --Floridahanger