Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hammock
    ENO DN
    Insulation
    DIY 0* Underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I have a ENO DN and do indeed sleep great on my side. I tend to start off on my back and work my way into a fetal position throughout the night. The DN is the only hammock I have so take note that I have little experience, but I find it wonderfully comfortable to side sleep in.

One thing to note though: I've found that when I sleep with a pad, side sleeping is a little more difficult. I'm guessing this is caused by the lack of "hug" the hammock gives you when the pad is flattening out the hammock. You said you were looking into an UQ so this shouldn't be a problem; just thought I'd share what I have found.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Ole Blue for now
    Insulation
    None yet.
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Thanks, I appreciate your post!

I'm looking at an underquilt long term, but I'm really, really tempted to go grab one this week as an early Christmas present and try it out with my Nemo Astro Insulated to see how it may work. I don't know that my wife will go for that, though.

What pad were you using?

Brando

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Insulation
    DIY 0* Underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    A blue CCF of the Walmart variety. Perhaps a pad that cost more than $7 would be more comfortable

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Ole Blue for now
    Insulation
    None yet.
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Well, in a hammock, I think it could go either way! The Nemo Astro is a bit narrow, so I'm thinking it may not work well at all in a hammock... but there's one way to find out, and I plan on trying.

Brandon

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Insulation
    DIY 0* Underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Right now I have the hammock strung up in the living room next to a sliding glass door. I like to have the door open a bit at night to get some fresh air (nothing better than breathing fresh air all night).

Now, since its been getting colder out, I rigged up an old twin sized comforter as an underquilt. Super comfy! It just blows away the pad I was using previous. It has really made me realize how nice an "official" underquilt will be when I get one.