Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 94
  1. #21
    PapaSmurf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Fredericksburg, Ohio
    Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    Varies each trip
    Posts
    1,364
    Quote Originally Posted by awilder View Post
    Would like to know if these are the same buckles offered on the Dangerbird...?
    They look like they are the same design. Can't say if they are the exact same ones.
    The ones I've been using are Black and are rated at 1,000lbs.

  2. #22
    MedicineMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Roan Mountain,TN
    Hammock
    Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Posts
    5,596
    Images
    76

    What? No Ti version yet?

    And when I used cinch buckles they would/cold ice up hard in a deep winter weather spat...but nothing a hard whack wouldn't dislodge and that is easier to manipulate than whoopies that have wetted out and frozen solid in ice.
    I do like the fact a continous loop is on one side-Larks head that to the gathered end and your done.
    When the Ti model comes out I'll spring.

  3. #23
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    South Central IN
    Hammock
    WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, Ridge Creek
    Suspension
    Varies
    Posts
    5,166
    Gave mine a try yesterday. I like them much more than the two triangle type that comes on the WBBB.

  4. #24
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nürnberg, DE
    Hammock
    DIY, WBBB SL, HH ULBP,Clark Flex
    Tarp
    HG4Scamo,Vertex
    Insulation
    UKhammocks,Yeti 3S
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Posts
    16
    Titanium cinch buckles please!

  5. #25
    The Spaceweaseal Paradox spaceweaseal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Tx
    Posts
    2,241
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcttr View Post
    Gave mine a try yesterday. I like them much more than the two triangle type that comes on the WBBB.
    +1
    I got a couple sets of the chinch buckles yesterday and they are so much easier to use.

  6. #26
    Dutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Reinholds, PA
    Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Posts
    5,253
    Images
    196
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicineMan View Post
    And when I used cinch buckles they would/cold ice up hard in a deep winter weather spat...but nothing a hard whack wouldn't dislodge and that is easier to manipulate than whoopies that have wetted out and frozen solid in ice.
    I do like the fact a continous loop is on one side-Larks head that to the gathered end and your done.
    When the Ti model comes out I'll spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by spike71 View Post
    Titanium cinch buckles please!
    I am looking into it. Getting that middle piece bent right could be tricky. However Titanium would reduce the only downside (IMO), weight.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003


    http://dutchwaregear.com

    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)

    8th Annual Mt Rogers Winter Hang Spreadsheet

  7. #27
    awilder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Hammock
    Grand Trunk Single
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Incubator
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcttr View Post
    Gave mine a try yesterday. I like them much more than the two triangle type that comes on the WBBB.
    There was a similar comment on another thread. It referenced the buckles used on the Dangerbird, and noted they were easier to adjust than the WB cinch buckles. I really like the the WB buckles, but might give these a try as well. The WB buckles are very secure, but can be tricky to adjust sometimes.

  8. #28
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    South Central IN
    Hammock
    WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, Ridge Creek
    Suspension
    Varies
    Posts
    5,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    I am looking into it. Getting that middle piece bent right could be tricky...
    Oh come on now, suck it up...how much could a custom set of dies for a punch press cost? Surely you have a friend in the business.

  9. #29
    Yoda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Hammock
    Darien UL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Hex
    Insulation
    HG Down
    Suspension
    Dynaglide UCR's
    Posts
    5,248
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    I am looking into it. Getting that middle piece bent right could be tricky. However Titanium would reduce the only downside (IMO), weight.

    Now we're talkin....I'd be in for a set or two in Ti
    Formerly known as "Cranky Bear"....

    "yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift---thats why its called a present" - Master Oogway

    It's always best if your an early riser!

    I like hiking as it's like exercise!

    My Blog

  10. #30
    obmit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Alabama
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.0 Dbl
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    Mt. Washington 3
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Posts
    474
    Quote Originally Posted by awilder View Post
    There was a similar comment on another thread. It referenced the buckles used on the Dangerbird, and noted they were easier to adjust than the WB cinch buckles. I really like the the WB buckles, but might give these a try as well. The WB buckles are very secure, but can be tricky to adjust sometimes.
    I would be interested in replacing my stock webbing suspension on my WBBB with these also. Has anyone done that yet?
    Tim
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. ~ Douglas Adams

    We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •