Thunderbird
    Tarp
    UCQ Hanger
    Insulation
    Renegade/Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles

Dangerbird - Bivy Mode?

I camp above the treeline sometimes, has anyone used their DB as a ground tent/bivy?

Obviously, a pad and ground sheet would be advisable, I'm sure. (Unless there is a DL fabric combo that would be protective enough against ground moisture, even then, who wants to get all that *ground stuff* on their beautiful hammock!?)

Also, if anyone has tried to "pitch" in ground mode, how'd you keep the net/overcover/etc up? Maybe I should consider asking PapaSmurf to add a couple of loops on the net/cover for guying out to trekking poles when I finally order my DB?

Of course the alternative would be just using a tarp for the night like a savage.
    ‟I’m in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection. But with Montana it is love.″ – John Steinbeck

Images
    Not a big fan of using my hammock as a tent but could be done with your hiking poles or a couple of sticks. My concern is damaging the material somehow causing a future tear.
    Bug protection would be the only reason I would think you'd need to use your hammock as a bivi.
    I carry one of those pocket head nets and don't even use a hammock with a net anymore. So for me it would be headnet and tarp ala savage.

Hammock
    Thunderbird
    Tarp
    UCQ Hanger
    Insulation
    Renegade/Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    That's the general direction I was leaning too, Outandback. The nights above treeline are rare and may serve as incentive to hike on to trees.

(I don't even like letting my hammock hit the ground while I am taking it down/stuffing it.)
    ‟I’m in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection. But with Montana it is love.″ – John Steinbeck

• + New Posts