WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images
    I know its not the right material, but long story short, south Texas guy 40* quilts, needed to make it to 20* in less than a week... I made one out of heavy, water proof non breathable rain jacket material... It's not the right stuff, no argument there but it worked down to 18*... No condensation...

I wished I had gotten a photo, but inside there is a twin sheet over my ridgeline... It blocked some of the breeze coming through from the cracks... The cracks were left on purpose because I was worried about condensation... The sheet wad cold, but not frozen in the morning... I slept on a ccf pad and a shamu underquilt... In cotton pants, wool socks and a t shirt, and under a 30* sleeping bag used top quilt fashion... And I was warm till nature called... 18* is cold enough... The sock is made TED bugnet style kind of... One side is fixed with the other being on a bungee, use my carabiner to clip them together to make sure it all stayed together...
    Live, Laugh, Love, if that doesn't work. Load, Aim and Fire, repeat as necessary...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

Hammock
    Molly Mac Gear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Deer View Post
    ...canvas drop cloth. I'm not sure if this is good enough canvas, though.
    It will work fine. Just a bit heavy, but if you use a pulk it won't matter as much.

Most fabric stores have "canvas", which is 4 oz untreated cotton fabric.

- MacEntyre
    "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Ben Franklin
    www.MollyMacGear.com