Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 313
  1. #251
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Green Mtns of Vt
    Posts
    7

    AccuWeather forecast for tonight & Sunday

    Be safe out there; the 2011 Minn. hang was my first read ever on the site. Everyone STAY WARM!!!



    Is anyone staying through Monday?

    Last edited by vthunter; 01-19-2013 at 18:09. Reason: added material

  2. #252
    Senior Member watertones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Roseville, MN
    Hammock
    Dangerbird, Night Owl, Eno Dbl
    Tarp
    JRB, Speer
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix
    Suspension
    whoopie and dutch
    Posts
    215
    Images
    1
    I was only to stay for one night, but a fun night non the less. Lowest temp on my gadget was -10.7. Sure looks to be a cold one for them tonight. The wind alone is enough to make me shiver in my living room!

  3. #253
    Whoooo Buddy)))) Shug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Hammock
    DIY GreenBeanHammock
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Frankenquilt/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    14,495
    Images
    62
    We all survived with glee and watery eyes from high winds, wood smoke, giddiness and laughter and frivolity. We had snow and I got -15F on the thermometer last night. High wind. Very high in some places. We were fairly sheltered at camp.
    We all want more.
    Really fun group of folks.
    Watertones....nice to meet you. I have your big pot and small hatchet)))))
    Whoooooo Buddy
    Shug of the Wind-Burn
    Whoooo Buddy)))) I Love Onions, Grits, Greens, Livermush, NC Style BBQ, Potted Meat, Anchovies, 'Naner Puddin", Peanut Butter Pie, Red Velvet Cake and Cocoa and Straaaaaawwwwberrrry Milk and Coffee Crisps....
    I Hope Heaven has a Bakery!!!!



    Shug's YouTube Videos

    Hammock How-To Videos ..... Essentials For Noobs

    Shug and Friends Jammin'

  4. #254
    Fronkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Grass Valley, Ca
    Hammock
    DIY "The Crippler"
    Tarp
    "Cuben Refugee"
    Insulation
    DIY "The Ex-gf"
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    5,091
    Dear lord did I have a different night than you guys.
    My cuben tarp is ripped to crap, I got pummeled with insane winds and my thermometer crapped out at -26f. To make it even worse, I lost my camera after getting knocked down by a big gust of wind on top of section 13.

    If I didn't have proper knowledge on knot tying and campsite selection, I probably wouldn't be here right now.
    I learned so much on this trip and am happy I went because it just boosted my confidence that I can handle extreme situations. I will do a write up on exactly what happened on a separate thread.

    It really was great seeing everyone and I had a blast the time I was there.

    Fronkey the survivor

  5. #255
    Whoooo Buddy)))) Shug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Hammock
    DIY GreenBeanHammock
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Frankenquilt/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    14,495
    Images
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by Fronkey View Post
    Dear lord did I have a different night than you guys.
    My cuben tarp is ripped to crap, I got pummeled with insane winds and my thermometer crapped out at -26f. To make it even worse, I lost my camera after getting knocked down by a big gust of wind on top of section 13.

    If I didn't have proper knowledge on knot tying and campsite selection, I probably wouldn't be here right now.
    I learned so much on this trip and am happy I went because it just boosted my confidence that I can handle extreme situations. I will do a write up on exactly what happened on a separate thread.

    It really was great seeing everyone and I had a blast the time I was there.

    Fronkey the survivor
    We got your camera.....some of us hiked up to the ever so-windy Section 13 and Strungout, Jason and Boogsy found it. Stairguy has it for ya'. Man...it was awesome....yes, awesome up there on Section 13. Extreme wind.
    Whoooo Buddy)))) I Love Onions, Grits, Greens, Livermush, NC Style BBQ, Potted Meat, Anchovies, 'Naner Puddin", Peanut Butter Pie, Red Velvet Cake and Cocoa and Straaaaaawwwwberrrry Milk and Coffee Crisps....
    I Hope Heaven has a Bakery!!!!



    Shug's YouTube Videos

    Hammock How-To Videos ..... Essentials For Noobs

    Shug and Friends Jammin'

  6. #256
    Fronkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Grass Valley, Ca
    Hammock
    DIY "The Crippler"
    Tarp
    "Cuben Refugee"
    Insulation
    DIY "The Ex-gf"
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    5,091
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    We got your camera.....some of us hiked up to the ever so-windy Section 13 and Strungout, Jason and Boogsy found it. Stairguy has it for ya'. Man...it was awesome....yes, awesome up there on Section 13. Extreme wind.
    YOU DO?!?!?!?! YES!!! I bet the SD card still works. Thank you thank you.

    Fronkey

  7. #257
    Whoooo Buddy)))) Shug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Hammock
    DIY GreenBeanHammock
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Frankenquilt/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    14,495
    Images
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by Fronkey View Post
    YOU DO?!?!?!?! YES!!! I bet the SD card still works. Thank you thank you.

    Fronkey
    It does ....we all passed it around the fire and watched a bit!
    Jason yelled down to me on the way down...."Shug, do you have a pink camera" Totally karma.
    Whoooo Buddy)))) I Love Onions, Grits, Greens, Livermush, NC Style BBQ, Potted Meat, Anchovies, 'Naner Puddin", Peanut Butter Pie, Red Velvet Cake and Cocoa and Straaaaaawwwwberrrry Milk and Coffee Crisps....
    I Hope Heaven has a Bakery!!!!



    Shug's YouTube Videos

    Hammock How-To Videos ..... Essentials For Noobs

    Shug and Friends Jammin'

  8. #258
    Fronkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Grass Valley, Ca
    Hammock
    DIY "The Crippler"
    Tarp
    "Cuben Refugee"
    Insulation
    DIY "The Ex-gf"
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    5,091
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    It does ....we all passed it around the fire and watched a bit!
    Jason yelled down to me on the way down...."Shug, do you have a pink camera" Totally karma.
    It works too? Wow.

    Haha that's funny. I'm glad I could provide some entertainment. lol

    Fronkey

  9. #259
    Whoooo Buddy)))) Shug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Hammock
    DIY GreenBeanHammock
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Frankenquilt/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    14,495
    Images
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by Fronkey View Post
    It works too? Wow.

    Haha that's funny. I'm glad I could provide some entertainment. lol

    Fronkey
    Naw....we just checked to see if it worked. Like a charm. Good ol' Canons. Stickpic still on it too.
    We had a ton of fun....really good group to hang with.
    Glad you survived))))))
    Whoooo Buddy)))) I Love Onions, Grits, Greens, Livermush, NC Style BBQ, Potted Meat, Anchovies, 'Naner Puddin", Peanut Butter Pie, Red Velvet Cake and Cocoa and Straaaaaawwwwberrrry Milk and Coffee Crisps....
    I Hope Heaven has a Bakery!!!!



    Shug's YouTube Videos

    Hammock How-To Videos ..... Essentials For Noobs

    Shug and Friends Jammin'

  10. #260
    Fronkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Grass Valley, Ca
    Hammock
    DIY "The Crippler"
    Tarp
    "Cuben Refugee"
    Insulation
    DIY "The Ex-gf"
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    5,091
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Naw....we just checked to see if it worked. Like a charm. Good ol' Canons. Stickpic still on it too.
    We had a ton of fun....really good group to hang with.
    Glad you survived))))))
    Woop! Woop!

    It was great seeing everyone for the short time I was there. I wondering how you all held up for last night. Looking forward to the videos.

    Fronkey

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •