Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33
  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bloomington, IN
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.1DL/Grand Trunk UL
    Tarp
    Toxaway/Tadpole
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbridge
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Posts
    208
    Dave, just responded to your PM. Thank you so much for this; I was really wary about trial and error with used machines I know nothing about. I'll make sure to repay the favor once I figure out what I'm doing!
    The adventure begins when everything goes wrong.
    -Yvon Chouinard

    My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/SaabZomb...ow=grid&view=0

  2. #12
    Lost_Biker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Hammock
    DIY Digi Camo DL
    Tarp
    Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Posts
    2,090
    Images
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by SaabZombee View Post
    Dave, just responded to your PM. Thank you so much for this; I was really wary about trial and error with used machines I know nothing about. I'll make sure to repay the favor once I figure out what I'm doing!
    Not a problem - sent you a PM with pictures. It will make a good general purpose machine for you.

  3. #13
    Lost_Biker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Hammock
    DIY Digi Camo DL
    Tarp
    Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Posts
    2,090
    Images
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by sargevining View Post
    /wishes he lived closer to Lost Biker Dave
    Sorry sarge. There's got to be a thrift shop or Goodwill somewhere around you. That's where I find the best machines for very little money. Many good machines are stored away in attics, closets, etc. I stop at yard sales and see them all the time. Talk to little old ladies - bet they could help you easily.

  4. #14
    Detail Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY Cat Cut Hex
    Insulation
    Incubator, Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    878
    Images
    5
    Cool deal! Awesome generosity LB. SZ, Keep your eye open on craigslist and thrift stores for an older all metal/mostly metal machine. Even if it needs serious servicing, it'll be a better machine than any of the inexpensive all plastics machines available now. This is definitely a situation when older is better. If you can find a Singer 201, jump on it. I've got two and they are awesome machines.

  5. #15
    Lost_Biker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Hammock
    DIY Digi Camo DL
    Tarp
    Maxi Tarp
    Insulation
    Underquilts Lewis
    Suspension
    Rings and Straps
    Posts
    2,090
    Images
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Detail Man View Post
    Cool deal! Awesome generosity LB. SZ, Keep your eye open on craigslist and thrift stores for an older all metal/mostly metal machine. Even if it needs serious servicing, it'll be a better machine than any of the inexpensive all plastics machines available now. This is definitely a situation when older is better. If you can find a Singer 201, jump on it. I've got two and they are awesome machines.
    Thanks - I also have a 201. Always looking for another.

  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Camano Island, WA
    Hammock
    1.4 oz Ripstop DIY
    Tarp
    5x7
    Insulation
    PLUQ, Mummy Bag
    Suspension
    10' straps
    Posts
    79
    Handing off an extra machine is a great way to pay it forward (and really trumps my latest attempt)! I really appreciate the members here helping us newbies along...

    My assistance was in the form of materials. Much appreciated.

  7. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Camano Island, WA
    Hammock
    1.4 oz Ripstop DIY
    Tarp
    5x7
    Insulation
    PLUQ, Mummy Bag
    Suspension
    10' straps
    Posts
    79
    What is it about the 201 that you all love? I have recently acquired one and am thinking aside from being a little underpowered (just judging from the 0.6A motor) that I kind've like it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Biker View Post
    Thanks - I also have a 201. Always looking for another.

  8. #18
    MDSH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Snyder, TX
    Hammock
    DIY 30d MARPAT
    Tarp
    DIY .74 oz cuben
    Insulation
    Marmot Mod
    Suspension
    ISLS with UCRs
    Posts
    2,193
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Biker View Post
    Saab - Since your in Bloomington and I'm in Martinsville, I will give (free) you my Janome thread injector. Has been fully serviced. You just need a bobbin, needle and thread. All you have to do is come pick it up.

    Comes with a carrying case. Made in the early 70's. Weighs over 20lbs so I can't mail it to you. Does straight and zigzag stitches only. Should hold you till you find something better. I'll even show you how to use it.
    You're a good guy, Lost.
    Mike

    But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed. (Luke 5:16 NIV)

    He said to them, “But now let the one who has a moneybag take it, and likewise a knapsack. And let the one who has no sword sell his cloak and buy one." (Luke 22:36 ESV)

    While people are saying, “There is peace and security,” then sudden destruction will come upon them as labor pains come upon a pregnant woman, and they will not escape. (1 Thessalonians 5:3 ESV)

  9. #19
    Detail Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY Cat Cut Hex
    Insulation
    Incubator, Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    878
    Images
    5
    The 201 is elegantly simple in how it operates. It's smooth, reliable, easy to service, and quiet to operate. It's a joy to use.

  10. #20
    Prefers life at 12 MPH. FLRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Posts
    4,017
    Images
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Biker View Post
    Saab - Since your in Bloomington and I'm in Martinsville, I will give (free) you my Janome thread injector. Has been fully serviced. You just need a bobbin, needle and thread. All you have to do is come pick it up.

    Comes with a carrying case. Made in the early 70's. Weighs over 20lbs so I can't mail it to you. Does straight and zigzag stitches only. Should hold you till you find something better. I'll even show you how to use it.
    Wow...just wow. The generosity here on the forums always astonishes me and warms my heart. Thank you, Lost Biker!
    "Just prepare what you can and enjoy the rest."
    --Floridahanger

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •