Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    I have been down to -26F.....
    It can be done. Crazy but fun fun fun.
    Shug

Shug, I just had to watch your minus 26 classic once again, a thing of beauty! You and that other crazy man in the souped up HH Super Shelter, kwpapke! WhoooooBuddy!
    For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us....that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now.
    Romans 8:18,21-22

Hammock
    DIY GreenBeanHammock
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Frankenquilt/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Shug, I just had to watch your minus 26 classic once again, a thing of beauty! You and that other crazy man in the souped up HH Super Shelter, kwpapke! WhoooooBuddy!
    I want -35 now. Got the deep winter thing a bit better figured out since that trip. Scarily exciting.
    Whoooo Buddy)))) I Love Onions, Grits, Greens, Livermush, NC Style BBQ, Potted Meat, Anchovies, 'Naner Puddin", Peanut Butter Pie, Red Velvet Cake and Cocoa and Straaaaaawwwwberrrry Milk and Coffee Crisps....
    I Hope Heaven has a Bakery!!!!

Shug's YouTube Videos

Hammock How-To Videos ..... Essentials For Noobs

Shug and Friends Jammin'

Hammock
    WBBB, Hennessy Explorer
    Tarp
    Ripstop for now
    Insulation
    DIY topquilt
    Suspension
    strap & carabiner
    Thanks for the welcome anyway BillyBob! I've actually been a member longer than that but changed my user-name to something that could actually be pronounced. I used to be wkf57 which are my initials and year of birth. Anyway I just love those frigid hangs that Shug undertakes. Stings my nose just watching his turn red! Gots to get meself a good underquilt!

Hammock
    Claytor
    Tarp
    MacCat delux Spinn
    Insulation
    CCF and Quilts
    Suspension
    web & buckles
    Images
    sure it can be done. Just ease into it, and test system after system for what works for you.

I have done -22*F in the Adirondacks with sleeping bag and pads in the hammock.

Hammock
    Castaway Double
    Tarp
    Campmor silnylon
    Insulation
    Peapod and pads
    Suspension
    WHOOPIE SLING!!!!!

I have hung in Minnesota at -18!

I too am a Scout leader and have done OKPIK at Northern Tier in January and February...all in my hammock! The lowest was -18. I did not use a tent or underquilt either..instead I used the pea-pod method of slipping my hammock through my sleeping bags. Another key was boiling a liter of water and placing that in the bag too.

Jeff