Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OneThing View Post
    Maybe a "Sticky" on "Selling Etiquette on HF." could by added. A policy of "Seller pays PayPal fees" be added.
    There are two stickies there already...one titled "For Sale/Want to Buy Forum Rules. PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING !!!" and one specifically about the PayPal rule, "NO PAYPAL GIFT OPTION in your For Sale Thread."

But you just highlighted the issue we have with rules. Folks don't take the time to read stickies in all caps with THREE exclamation points (!!!) before listing items for sale. And then some folks get mad at us for moderating their threads.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    HH EUA-sym
    Tarp
    MaCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    HG 20° Phoenix
    Suspension
    UCR, Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    There are two stickies there already...one titled "For Sale/Want to Buy Forum Rules. PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING !!!" and one specifically about the PayPal rule, "NO PAYPAL GIFT OPTION in your For Sale Thread."

But you just highlighted the issue we have with rules. Folks don't take the time to read stickies in all caps with THREE exclamation points (!!!) before listing items for sale. And then some folks get mad at us for moderating their threads.
    You're right, there's no win win either way. I read both, but didn't think "Buyer Pays PayPal fees" would be "distasteful" to some if it was posted up front. The definition of 'Distasteful' is, inappropriate, & unethical.

I've been a buyer many times, and as long as I know up front all the costs. I was not offended in any way, nor did I think anyone, including myself was doing anything inappropriate, & unethical.

I like Amazon, where you can see up front shipping costs + tax, and you have a choice of methods of shipping.

So, with that said, everything is a learning experience, & I will post the full price, which includes shipping, & Paypal fees when I sell an item.

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon Wide
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ 20*TQ/ 0* UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Buckle
    Images
    I bought something, and after the sale, the seller requested a paypal gift payment. I was ignorant to the HF rules for PayPal at the time, and payed it. I will not let that happen again in the future.
    2019 NJ Winter Hang Coup De Grace De Grub Champion
    Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On. - Jimmy Buffett
    https://lighterpack.com/r/yk6y8s

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Custom HNO Airship
    Insulation
    YETI UQ, UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    Hammock Anchors

Thanks Just Jeff

Its awkward to have folks ask you to go the gift route after the sale is closed and then have to remind them of the rules...and then offer to cover half of the PayPal costs if that is an issue, etc.

Just makes me feel like a "heel" every time I have to remind sellers and its kind of a kharma-killer.

Thanks for posting the reminder!

This is the best place I've found to buy and trade gear...and the Moderators can't be beat.

G-Nut

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Mamba Jamba
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Web
    Glad I read this, won't use the gift option

Hammock
    Eno DL, Deep Jungle XL, Kammock Roo
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ quilts!!!
    Suspension
    Whoopies and web
    IMO, a good member would know that and not ask you to use that option, and if I am asked to do as such then i immediately question the sellers legitimacy, and would rather not deal with them if they insisted.
    Give a man fire and he's warm for the night.
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life. Dante

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Enlightened Equip
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Even if a seller "requires" I gift the payment, I pay using the goods option so my purchase is protected. I tell the seller that I will gift the PayPal fees (usually around 3 dollars) when I receive a tracking number. This way I am protected, and I figure it's my prerogative if I would like to gift somebody a couple bucks for a smooth transaction. Worst case scenario I lose a couple dollars.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234