What Size Hammock Would Fit this Stand?

Hey everybody, I'm looking for a stand that I can set up in my room. This one meets all my requirements: the right size, portable, right price.

http://vivereltd.com/proditem_detail...ct=p7menu2&pl=

I'm just looking for a hammock that will fit it. What do you guys think?

Hammock
    WBBB,traveler,yukon & home brew
    Tarp
    Tadpole & Kelty 12
    Insulation
    Jarbridge and woob
    Suspension
    straps / whoopies
    does it separate along the bottom tube so you can add length to it?

Not from the looks of it. I think 9' is as far as it goes.

Hammock
    WBRR, BMBH UL, Diy M90 MR Gathered
    Tarp
    HG Cuben 4/Tadpole
    Insulation
    Lynx/UGQ/TeWa
    Suspension
    Straps/Dutch Bling
    Images
    Read about it on that website, Says it has a footprint of 108" as it angles out and will hold hammocks 9' to 13' long..your good to go with any size hammock. You could even cut the bottom, add a pipe and drill each cut, by bolting an extension on the bottom if you wanted or needed making it longer on the bottom.

Hammock
    Most
    Tarp
    GoLite Poncho Tarp
    Insulation
    Phoenix, Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hook
    Images
    I highly HIGHLY recommend the Vario stand. It's adjustable and I've used some really BIG hammocks (e.g., the KAMMOK) and anything in between.

> http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/pr...lePLA:13265421

dejoha, I did look into the Byer and it seems like a quality product, it's not exactly what I'm looking for though. It's not very portable, and it's also too big. My room is 11x11, so the 9 footer is about as big as I can go. If I were setting the stand up permanently in a bigger room, I would definitely go with the Byer, but unfortunately, I am not.

Quote Originally Posted by Acer View Post
    Read about it on that website, Says it has a footprint of 108" as it angles out and will hold hammocks 9' to 13' long..your good to go with any size hammock. You could even cut the bottom, add a pipe and drill each cut, by bolting an extension on the bottom if you wanted or needed making it longer on the bottom.
    I saw that, but was a little confused by the Mayan, Caribbean, etc. Either way, I think I'm going to end up going with an ENO Doublenest, which is 9'4".

Hammock
    WBRR, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Variety of Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie/SRS/Straps
    Too bad the room is just a bit too small. Otherwise, +10000 on the Vario as dehoja mentioned. It's a great stand - we have two, one in two different kids rooms that they permanently started sleeping in (just recently, actually).

The Vario needs between 11 and 12 feet to operate... we actually had to crack one of the closet doors so that the stand can poke into that for just a few inches. The stand looks nice enough and is functional enough that it works well.

As far as portability, it is heavy. But it comes apart quickly and sets up easily. My son has a Cub Scout camp-in at our meetingplace in a few months and I plan to take apart/bring the Vario for that.

Just my .02.
    Brian
    Denver, CO
    Father. Husband. Scoutmaster.

Hammock
    Most
    Tarp
    GoLite Poncho Tarp
    Insulation
    Phoenix, Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hook
    Images
    You can separate the vario stand into 4 easy to pack pieces. I used it when I toured my book and when I do hammock presentations. It's heavy, but not unreasonable.

I have it set up right now on my porch so I can measure the minimum distance. Like I said before, it can adjust to various lengths and heights.

Looks like 11 ft.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock ThunderBird
    Tarp
    Zpack Cuben 7X9
    Insulation
    JRBSierraSniveller
    Suspension
    ring buckle system
    Images
    I doubt the hammock stand you show is much less than the 30 lbs for the Vario stand. The biggest problem with your stand is, from the looks of it, only 48" or 44" high (they don't say which is width and which is height). You may need a little more height to set up most hammocks. With an 11' X 11' room, you should have about 15.5' of length from corner to corner, so I think the Vario would fit with about 10" on each side for clearance.

The ENO Dbl should fit either stand quite well, except for the height issue. If the stand you show is only 44" high, I think you'll be bumping on the floor with an ENO.