Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 149
  1. #101
    lukesteg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    columbus, ohio
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.1SL, 1.1SL traveler
    Tarp
    Edgespin,HGcubenPL
    Insulation
    HG Custom's x10
    Suspension
    Slings
    Posts
    371
    imma goin!!
    Ultralite Gear and Apparel

    Lukesultralite.com

  2. #102
    Senior Member HamMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kettering, OH
    Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Posts
    2,536
    Images
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by USMCStang View Post
    Yep, Loudonville is the place.

    28-30 is a little much for us to cram in as well IMO. Has anyone scouted site 8? It's straight down the hill from the parking area as far as I know.
    As far as the ranger said the limit was like 12 or so on the #9 group site
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

    Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

  3. #103
    Senior Member HamMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kettering, OH
    Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Posts
    2,536
    Images
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by USMCStang View Post
    Yep, Loudonville is the place.

    28-30 is a little much for us to cram in as well IMO. Has anyone scouted site 8? It's straight down the hill from the parking area as far as I know.
    Site 8 is very small. We scouted it when we had the fiasco with that dude that claimed he reserved #9 but he found out it was first come first serve and we had already signed in. Looks like site 10.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

    Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

  4. #104

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sunbury, Ohio
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl
    Tarp
    HG cuben
    Insulation
    HG Pheonix
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch bkls
    Posts
    1,282
    I've not been to 8 but we have grouped at 10, it would easily accomodate a dozen or so.

    We'll make do somehow.

    Although I'm imagining how full site 9 will be with that many campers, the ranger will probably have a fit.

    David

  5. #105
    Senior Member USMCStang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Canton, OH
    Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.0
    Tarp
    WBBMJ
    Insulation
    50* Phoenix 40* SB
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Posts
    495
    Images
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by HamMike View Post
    Site 8 is very small. We scouted it when we had the fiasco with that dude that claimed he reserved #9 but he found out it was first come first serve and we had already signed in. Looks like site 10.
    I'm up for either, but I will be night hiking in.

    Is 10 easy to find at night (I assume it is at the end of the main trail)?
    Mike
    The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!
    ~Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945


  6. #106
    Senior Member HamMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kettering, OH
    Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Posts
    2,536
    Images
    46
    Never been to 10 but i understand its alot like 9 but there is a drop off at the edge. It's past 9 not sure how far but it can't be far.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

    Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

  7. #107
    Senior Member HamMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kettering, OH
    Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Posts
    2,536
    Images
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by Bannerstone View Post
    I've not been to 8 but we have grouped at 10, it would easily accomodate a dozen or so.

    We'll make do somehow.

    Although I'm imagining how full site 9 will be with that many campers, the ranger will probably have a fit.

    David
    lol yeah the parking will be an issue. might have to shuttle from the kiosk.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

    Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

  8. #108
    Senior Member Tendertoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    webbing and rings
    Posts
    1,352
    Anyone ever been to park and pack spots 1-7 at the Southwest corner of the park?

    If things look cramped at sites 8, 9, 10 when you Friday folks show up, maybe venture down that way?

    If you guys could post here what you all end up doing if plans change so us Saturday folks know where to head.

  9. #109
    CB200T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Bellefontaine, OH
    Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Wife Made UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Posts
    435
    Unforseen circumstances, but thanks for the heads up. So regarding what we're doing, would it be a good idea to meet in a central location and scout out what site 10 looks like? We could take a peek, and then have a better idea of what the parking situation and overflow from Site 9 will be (I'm assuming there will be overflow.) Also, could we get a head count?

    Coming
    Me, Wife and Dog

  10. #110
    Senior Member USMCStang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Canton, OH
    Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.0
    Tarp
    WBBMJ
    Insulation
    50* Phoenix 40* SB
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Posts
    495
    Images
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by CB200T View Post
    Unforseen circumstances, but thanks for the heads up. So regarding what we're doing, would it be a good idea to meet in a central location and scout out what site 10 looks like? We could take a peek, and then have a better idea of what the parking situation and overflow from Site 9 will be (I'm assuming there will be overflow.) Also, could we get a head count?

    Coming
    Me, Wife and Dog
    I'll be coming in at night, so at best, I'll probably be parking at the bottom of the hill. It'll just be me. I'll have the truck, so I can shuttle people as needed once I am set up.

    We PROBABLY have data service at the site, so I will post a status Friday night if no one else has. Bannerstone/ Luke, call me if we are going to be anywhere other than site 10, or if I won't be able to park my truck because it is full. We'll arrange shuttling if needed.

    If anyone else wants to exchange cell phone numbers, PM me.
    Mike
    The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!
    ~Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •