Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 149
  1. #61
    The Stove Daddy HomeMadeHiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Hammock
    Thunderbird 11'
    Tarp
    UQ.com Maxtarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ & M50 UQ
    Suspension
    Dutchness + Straps
    Posts
    969
    Images
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Tendertoe View Post
    I'm bringing something for the group. Others expressed interest in a potluck.
    How does veggy/potatoe soup sound to everyone? I could handle taters and seasons maybe even the stock pot if folks would bring some veggies.
    Directionally challenged...comicly so.

    Thanks again to all the Vendors that supported the 5th annual Hoosier Hang gear drawing this year!
    Dutchware, 2QZQ, Hemmeck, UGQ,and Zpacks

  2. #62
    Senior Member Tendertoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    webbing and rings
    Posts
    1,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Tendertoe View Post
    I'll be there somewhere around 4ish Friday evening Jan 25th at spot 9.

    I'll be bringing dutch oven potato cheddar chowder, enough for everyone.
    I was actually planning on bringing dutch oven potato chowder meaning a cast iron dutch oven already filled with chowder made at home. Throw on the fire to reheat and enjoy.

  3. #63
    The Stove Daddy HomeMadeHiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Hammock
    Thunderbird 11'
    Tarp
    UQ.com Maxtarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ & M50 UQ
    Suspension
    Dutchness + Straps
    Posts
    969
    Images
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Tendertoe View Post
    I was actually planning on bringing dutch oven potato chowder meaning a cast iron dutch oven already filled with chowder made at home. Throw on the fire to reheat and enjoy.
    Sorry, for some reason I thought you meant the little foldy things (we called them pudgy pie markers). Guess I need a little more sleep.
    No need for another potato soup.
    Directionally challenged...comicly so.

    Thanks again to all the Vendors that supported the 5th annual Hoosier Hang gear drawing this year!
    Dutchware, 2QZQ, Hemmeck, UGQ,and Zpacks

  4. #64
    Senior Member Tendertoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    webbing and rings
    Posts
    1,352
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeMadeHiker View Post
    Sorry, for some reason I thought you meant the little foldy things (we called them pudgy pie markers). Guess I need a little more sleep.
    No need for another potato soup.
    No problem.


    Speaking of pudgy pies, if someone has pie irons for making them, those would make for good eating.

    Last year we had "pizza" ones and something sweet which I can't remember.

  5. #65

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sunbury, Ohio
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl
    Tarp
    HG cuben
    Insulation
    HG Pheonix
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch bkls
    Posts
    1,283
    Quote Originally Posted by Tendertoe View Post
    No problem.


    Speaking of pudgy pies, if someone has pie irons for making them, those would make for good eating.

    Last year we had "pizza" ones and something sweet which I can't remember.
    I think that might have been USMCStang. That was some good eatin.

  6. #66
    The Stove Daddy HomeMadeHiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Hammock
    Thunderbird 11'
    Tarp
    UQ.com Maxtarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ & M50 UQ
    Suspension
    Dutchness + Straps
    Posts
    969
    Images
    11
    I'm not impressed with the weather forecast thus far. High 43 low of 27, what is this October?. I hope these numbers start to drop. I'd really like to test my new gear. Pulk and microspikes aren't gonna do much good in 40* weather.
    Directionally challenged...comicly so.

    Thanks again to all the Vendors that supported the 5th annual Hoosier Hang gear drawing this year!
    Dutchware, 2QZQ, Hemmeck, UGQ,and Zpacks

  7. #67
    Senior Member Brother Jeffrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Euclid, OH
    Hammock
    RG60
    Tarp
    MacCat
    Insulation
    HG 20*
    Suspension
    Makin' whoopie
    Posts
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeMadeHiker View Post
    I'm not impressed with the weather forecast thus far. High 43 low of 27, what is this October?. I hope these numbers start to drop. I'd really like to test my new gear. Pulk and microspikes aren't gonna do much good in 40* weather.
    Craziness. It's a couple of weeks away though now, so hopefully this trend will change soon.
    Those who speak don't know, those who know don't speak.

    “They deem me mad because I will not sell my days for gold; and I deem them mad because they think my days have a price. ” ― Khalil Gibran

  8. #68
    I plan on attending but no potluck for me. I have been following a strict plant based whole food diet to lower my colesterol. I plan on fri and sat nights. See you all then.

  9. #69
    The Stove Daddy HomeMadeHiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Hammock
    Thunderbird 11'
    Tarp
    UQ.com Maxtarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ & M50 UQ
    Suspension
    Dutchness + Straps
    Posts
    969
    Images
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by robblandon View Post
    I plan on attending but no potluck for me. I have been following a strict plant based whole food diet to lower my colesterol. I plan on fri and sat nights. See you all then.
    I'd be interested in talking backcountry menus with ya.
    Directionally challenged...comicly so.

    Thanks again to all the Vendors that supported the 5th annual Hoosier Hang gear drawing this year!
    Dutchware, 2QZQ, Hemmeck, UGQ,and Zpacks

  10. #70
    Senior Member USMCStang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Canton, OH
    Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.0
    Tarp
    WBBMJ
    Insulation
    50* Phoenix 40* SB
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Posts
    495
    Images
    25
    I'm in for Site 9. I'll bring the pie irons, pizza filling, and the pie filling just like last year. Possibly some scrapple too, if we don't eat it all at Mount Rogers

    I'll come in Friday night, after work. It's about an hour for me, so probably around 7:00. Since it's an easy walk, I don't mind carrying some extra stuff at night.

    Last year, we had a good enough snow overnight that the pizza sauce bottles we left near the fire to keep thawed got covered in snow. Someone stepped on one and it burst. I though someone sacrificed a squirrel.

    My pulk is done, so here's hoping for some snow!
    Mike
    The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!
    ~Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •