Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 149
  1. #121
    Mule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kokomo IN
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    ZPACK CUBEN
    Insulation
    quilts
    Suspension
    Web'g cinch buckle
    Posts
    3,281
    Images
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by HamMike View Post
    I will follow this thread all day, post if you head out Mule. I was on the fence this morning, back is a little sketchy.
    Hey, I know what you mean, HamMike, my back is iffy too. But I think I am going to the Hoosier National. The drive to Ohio seems daunting to me today. Looks like you are pretty close though.
    There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.
    Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

  2. #122
    Senior Member USMCStang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Canton, OH
    Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.0
    Tarp
    WBBMJ
    Insulation
    50* Phoenix 40* SB
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Posts
    495
    Images
    25
    Semper Fi, Mule.

    I'm still planning on going. Site 10, and should be there around 7:30 or so. If anyone is up for it, I'd like to explore some of the other park-n-pack sites on Saturday as a day hike, so we don't have this problem in the future. Barring that, the BCUSA guys have invited us over to site 9 on Saturday, where they are planning to do some bushcrafting classes.

    There are 10 sites, so I'm sure that 9 and 10 aren't the only suitable sites for a group of hammocks.

    I have a big red F-150, with a hammockforums sticker on the back window. If there is enough room at the parking, feel free to pull in behind me and block me in in order to save parking space. It sounds like the BCUSA group will have a sizable group, with alot of them arriving early. Plan on parking at the lower lot, which will add about 150 uphill yards to a hike in.

    I'll take some orange tape to put around the sign for the spur trail to the site. If it's anything like site 9, it could be pretty easy to walk by the side trail for site 10.

    So, what's our head count? I count 9 possible:
    1. Me
    2. HamMike
    3. Bannerstone
    4. Lukesteg
    5. CB200T +1
    6. Tendertoe
    7. HomeMadeHiker
    8. Brother Jeffery?
    Mike
    The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!
    ~Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945


  3. #123
    Senior Member Brother Jeffrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Euclid, OH
    Hammock
    RG60
    Tarp
    MacCat
    Insulation
    HG 20*
    Suspension
    Makin' whoopie
    Posts
    132
    I am in. I plan on getting there this afternoon, before dark. I don't have a smartphone though, so I can't post any kind of an update when I get there. I have a green malibu with a golite sticker on rear window. Feel free to block me in as well.
    Those who speak don't know, those who know don't speak.

    “They deem me mad because I will not sell my days for gold; and I deem them mad because they think my days have a price. ” ― Khalil Gibran

  4. #124
    CB200T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Bellefontaine, OH
    Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Wife Made UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Posts
    435
    I'll be in a gray focus with a Warbonnet sticker on the rear window.
    PitaPata Dog tickers

  5. #125
    Senior Member HamMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kettering, OH
    Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Posts
    2,536
    Images
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by Mule View Post
    Hey, I know what you mean, HamMike, my back is iffy too. But I think I am going to the Hoosier National. The drive to Ohio seems daunting to me today. Looks like you are pretty close though.
    The Hoosier Hang is on my list this year Mule. Snowing pretty good here at Wright Patt. They said the worst hasn't hit yet.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

    Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

  6. #126
    Senior Member HamMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kettering, OH
    Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Posts
    2,536
    Images
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by CB200T View Post
    I'll be in a gray focus with a Warbonnet sticker on the rear window.
    Red Trailblazer with Warbonnet, Backcountry goat, and Stoic sticker on rear left window.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

    Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

  7. #127
    Senior Member HamMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kettering, OH
    Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Posts
    2,536
    Images
    46
    Oh man! Stang, Bannerstone, Luke, Brutha Jeffrey, and Supah Tramp! Was havin second thoughts because of my back but I'm finding it hard to resist.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

    Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

  8. #128
    Senior Member Tendertoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    webbing and rings
    Posts
    1,352
    As if you needed any other reasons Mike, I'll be heading in tonight now. Things changed for the better with my transportation situation.

    I should be there around 6-8ish with a dutch oven full of potato corn chowdahh.

    The snow is falling here in Columbus.

  9. #129
    Mule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kokomo IN
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    ZPACK CUBEN
    Insulation
    quilts
    Suspension
    Web'g cinch buckle
    Posts
    3,281
    Images
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by USMCStang View Post
    Semper Fi, Mule.

    I'm still planning on going. Site 10, and should be there around 7:30 or so. If anyone is up for it, I'd like to explore some of the other park-n-pack sites on Saturday as a day hike, so we don't have this problem in the future. Barring that, the BCUSA guys have invited us over to site 9 on Saturday, where they are planning to do some bushcrafting classes.

    There are 10 sites, so I'm sure that 9 and 10 aren't the only suitable sites for a group of hammocks.

    I have a big red F-150, with a hammockforums sticker on the back window. If there is enough room at the parking, feel free to pull in behind me and block me in in order to save parking space. It sounds like the BCUSA group will have a sizable group, with alot of them arriving early. Plan on parking at the lower lot, which will add about 150 uphill yards to a hike in.

    I'll take some orange tape to put around the sign for the spur trail to the site. If it's anything like site 9, it could be pretty easy to walk by the side trail for site 10.

    So, what's our head count? I count 9 possible:
    1. Me
    2. HamMike
    3. Bannerstone
    4. Lukesteg
    5. CB200T +1
    6. Tendertoe
    7. HomeMadeHiker
    8. Brother Jeffery?
    Thanks DevilDog
    There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.
    Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

  10. #130
    Senior Member HamMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kettering, OH
    Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Posts
    2,536
    Images
    46
    And Toe! you know it's on now.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

    Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •