Tarp
    HG winter palace
    Insulation
    Sniv/HG incubato 0
    Suspension
    dutch woopie hooks
    Images

Yeti question

What is the tested low for the winter yeti for most?
    There is a pleasure in the pathless woods, There is rapture on the lonely shore, There is society where none intrudes , By the deep sea, and music in its roar, I love not man the less, but nature more. Lord Byron

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Been to -26 so far. Very close to my limit with a Winter Yeti.
    I doubt most would be comfotable too far past zero; I'm a bit of a mutant when it comes to tolerances with cold.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Darien ul
    Tarp
    HG winter palace
    Insulation
    Sniv/HG incubato 0
    Suspension
    dutch woopie hooks
    Images
    So for a cold sleeper with sock 0 degrees about max what did you use under your legs and feet
    There is a pleasure in the pathless woods, There is rapture on the lonely shore, There is society where none intrudes , By the deep sea, and music in its roar, I love not man the less, but nature more. Lord Byron

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rngn View Post
    So for a cold sleeper with sock 0 degrees about max what did you use under your legs and feet
    I don't think many would need a sock to do zero, if they are well experienced, well fed, adequately dressed and have a good/large enough tarp and or sheltered site to block the wind. Some would of course, but then a very few are like Cannibal, who I don't think needed a sock for way below zero.

The rating is zero. A rating from a reputable company like WB usually means that a lot of people, though not all, can be at least warm enough at the rating.
    For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us....that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now.
    Romans 8:18,21-22

Hammock
    Darien ul
    Tarp
    HG winter palace
    Insulation
    Sniv/HG incubato 0
    Suspension
    dutch woopie hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    I don't think many would need a sock to do zero, if they are well experienced, well fed, adequately dressed and have a good/large enough tarp and or sheltered site to block the wind. Some would of course, but then a very few are like Cannibal, who I don't think needed a sock for way below zero.

The rating is zero. A rating from a reputable company like WB usually means that a lot of people, though not all, can be at least warm enough at the rating.
    I disagree .Personally I think go with a sock and smaller tarp, But either way im a cold sleeper so I would definitely be at my limits at 0 degrees.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rngn View Post
    Personally I think go with a sock and smaller tarp...
    You would be in good company. That's pretty much how Just Jeff rolls. I've seen him sleep in single digits with no tarp; just a sock and a couple of quilts.

Socks vs winter tarps is really little more than preference. Personally, I choose large tarps to cope with cold. Mostly, because I'm a furnace when I sleep and with socks I have to monitor my temps pretty closely, or deal with the condensation. So for me, it's the winter tarp route.

A Winter Yeti used in conjunction with a sock should get you to zero pretty easy, even if you're a cold sleeper.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Darien ul
    Tarp
    HG winter palace
    Insulation
    Sniv/HG incubato 0
    Suspension
    dutch woopie hooks
    Images
    From my experience with a spindrift if there is a slight wind you shouldn't have any trouble with condesation but you are correct if there is no wind condensation is a big problem and you would have to vent