Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 264
  1. #111
    tncamper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brighton, TN
    Hammock
    BIAS camper, WW DL
    Insulation
    Diy syn. UQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Posts
    681
    Quote Originally Posted by Caveman View Post
    I'm glad to hear this.
    Me too. You'll love it up there.
    It'll be alright Friday!


    Check us out at www.buttinasling.com
    HF members get a discount on most items. Use discount code "hfmember".

    We're now carrying the Mini Tattoo Stove!

    shane@buttinasling.com

  2. #112
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Russellville, Arkansas
    Posts
    15
    I would absolutely love to come, but I don't have anyone that is outdoorsy enough in my family to be able to stay the weekend with me. There is a 2% chance I can go if I could find some way to stick with someone but I doubt it. Enjoy the weekend!

  3. #113
    in it for the naps oldgringo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    onrope buckle
    Posts
    5,982
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoop Soup View Post
    I would absolutely love to come, but I don't have anyone that is outdoorsy enough in my family to be able to stay the weekend with me. There is a 2% chance I can go if I could find some way to stick with someone but I doubt it. Enjoy the weekend!
    Huh? There will be about 50 of your closest friends. Come on!
    Dave

    http://www.uark.edu/misc/xtimber/rna/pattonsbluff.html

    It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.
    John Steinbeck

  4. #114
    Member Incoming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mustang, OK
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.1X2, GTSB Pro
    Tarp
    EquinoxNylon 10X12
    Insulation
    ground pad
    Suspension
    1"strap w/"D" ring
    Posts
    71
    Ditto, look at it as a large gathering of "inlaws". We all know each other to some extent and the quality time shared together will grow the bonding of friendship.

    Now, if I can just get that new grand daugther to make her earthly appearance I can go to this fine hanging as well.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringment of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants and the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt

  5. #115
    tncamper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brighton, TN
    Hammock
    BIAS camper, WW DL
    Insulation
    Diy syn. UQ
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Posts
    681
    Quote Originally Posted by Incoming View Post
    Ditto, look at it as a large gathering of "inlaws". We all know each other to some extent and the quality time shared together will grow the bonding of friendship.

    Now, if I can just get that new grand daugther to make her earthly appearance I can go to this fine hanging as well.
    I'm not recommending you try this, but it might get you to the hang.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kPiMvib5mo
    It'll be alright Friday!


    Check us out at www.buttinasling.com
    HF members get a discount on most items. Use discount code "hfmember".

    We're now carrying the Mini Tattoo Stove!

    shane@buttinasling.com

  6. #116
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma City
    Hammock
    i like my HH
    Tarp
    no preference(yet)
    Insulation
    pad and bag
    Suspension
    what came/w the HH
    Posts
    199
    I wish I could say I'll be there. Unfortunately, I have an exam I will be studying for. Only three more semesters and I will have finally get a chance to make it to this hang. Bummer I will be missing out! Have fun folks!
    "Mother Gue", I says "the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was right. Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline.

  7. #117
    Member Incoming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mustang, OK
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.1X2, GTSB Pro
    Tarp
    EquinoxNylon 10X12
    Insulation
    ground pad
    Suspension
    1"strap w/"D" ring
    Posts
    71
    EXCELLENT!!! I'll forward this onto the daugther posts haste. I'm thinking this may sew the seeds of a hasty delivery and free up Grandpa to go hang from the trees with the greatest of ease.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringment of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants and the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt

  8. #118
    jbrianb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Covington, TN
    Hammock
    BIAS Hiker Lite Teal/Black
    Tarp
    GG Emergency Shltr
    Insulation
    Leighlo UQ
    Suspension
    BIAS standard kit
    Posts
    694
    I've looked forward to this all year. Went for the first time last year. Met lots, lots of great people and I am looking forward to seeing them again. I got a little down and out this week... been feeling a little overwhelmed lately with work -- and the other work -- and have had a recurring problem with my eye (just feels like there's something in there all the time) and I am coming off a sinus infection and generally feeling puny. Started thinking about not coming.

    I mentioned this to tncamper and he looked at me like I had lost my mind. He was right. For a moment I had. What was I thinking? Going to this hang is EXACTLY what I need. Seeing my friends from last year, paddling the Buffalo, getting my spring gear together and tuned in for the season, testing out a few new products and ideas... I can't wait!
    --
    www.buttinasling.com
    Now carrying the Mini Tattoo Stove!
    Light weight. Low prices. Great gear.

  9. #119
    in it for the naps oldgringo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    onrope buckle
    Posts
    5,982
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrianb View Post
    I've looked forward to this all year. Went for the first time last year. Met lots, lots of great people and I am looking forward to seeing them again. I got a little down and out this week... been feeling a little overwhelmed lately with work -- and the other work -- and have had a recurring problem with my eye (just feels like there's something in there all the time) and I am coming off a sinus infection and generally feeling puny. Started thinking about not coming.

    I mentioned this to tncamper and he looked at me like I had lost my mind. He was right. For a moment I had. What was I thinking? Going to this hang is EXACTLY what I need. Seeing my friends from last year, paddling the Buffalo, getting my spring gear together and tuned in for the season, testing out a few new products and ideas... I can't wait!
    Don't you DARE back out.
    Dave

    http://www.uark.edu/misc/xtimber/rna/pattonsbluff.html

    It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming.
    John Steinbeck

  10. #120
    Senior Member SmokeHouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Arkansas
    Hammock
    WB bb 1.1, Many 11' DIY
    Tarp
    DIY sil & Multicam
    Insulation
    yeti, Incubators
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Posts
    1,188
    Images
    49
    Last year the BRT Rangers asked me to let them know if we have another group gathering to call them in advance and let them know, soooooo they have been called and notified... I have gave them my infomation...
    Just to let everone know who has not been here before. The park doesn't start charging / Open until March 15 every year. There are 2 vault tolets to use before March 15. After March 15th the main restrooms with showers are open along with LOTS of people. We choose the weekend before March 15th to miss the crowds.
    Can't wait to get there...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •