WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tad Pole
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks

TQ width sizing

I'm thinking about getting a TQ, specifically the Burrow.

I want something big enough that I am completely covered even as I roll from side to side and from belly to back. I'd also like something that is easy to go to the ground with if I have to or have to stay in a shelter. I had a early version of the Mamba before Brandon named it and its width was too small.

I am a thin guy, 5'10", 160lbs. Should I got with a wider width of TQ?

Or should I just go with a sleeping bag? I do like the feeling of being enclosed in a bag.

Thanks for any help.
    Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday...there is no someday.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner, dbl 1.0 BB, Bias WW
    Tarp
    HG Custom 4S
    Insulation
    WB Lynx, HG, MB
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Hey Chris,

I'm 5'10, 160-170lbs. I just ordered a regular length, 55"wide, half taper 0 deg burrow from Adam and Jenny. Haven't received it yet, but talking to Adam, I wanted something multipurpose, and he recommended going with this setup as I indicated that I tend to move around when I sleep and this would allow me to get a lot of quilt tucked underneath me whether I was sleeping on my back or sidesleeping.

Cheers

Hammock
    WBRR, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Variety of Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie/SRS/Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    Hey Chris,

I'm 5'10, 160-170lbs. I just ordered a regular length, 55"wide, half taper 0 deg burrow from Adam and Jenny. Haven't received it yet, but talking to Adam, I wanted something multipurpose, and he recommended going with this setup as I indicated that I tend to move around when I sleep and this would allow me to get a lot of quilt tucked underneath me whether I was sleeping on my back or sidesleeping.

Cheers
    I'm the same weight/height and just ordered the exact same bag in 20*. If you toss and turn, having the extra width is perfect. Having an entire sleeping bag used as a top quilt is often too wide, though, and I never know what to do with the hood. And, using it like an actual sleeping bag is a rough experience (I hate feeling constrained).

I'd say go for the extra width Burrow, you won't be disappointed.
    Brian
    Denver, CO
    Father. Husband. Scoutmaster.

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tad Pole
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Thanks for the advice. That's what I hoped someone would say. Sleeping bags cost so much more.
    Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday...there is no someday.