Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 98
  1. #51
    New Member theseakayaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Woodstock, GA
    Hammock
    http://camphammocks.com
    Tarp
    Peaked Fly
    Insulation
    PAK-IT-LITE System
    Suspension
    Toggled Suspension
    Posts
    45
    Images
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by otter View Post
    I belive I know the hike your talking about is it the one starting at Hickory Creek Plot and hikeing down the Hickory Creek trail to bray field then follow the Conasauga River trail to Panther Creek Trail.
    That's the one. Last time I went up in March the road up Potato Patch Mountain was open but the road to Three Forks was closed because it was a mud pit. We had to hike an extra 3 miles just to get to the trail head.

    I guess it just depends on road conditions as to what trails to take in. Coming in from the west also give the option of an overnighter at Bray Field if need be. Then up to the falls the next day. It's about 2.5 miles from the parking lot to Bray Field and another 2.5 to 3 miles climbing up to the falls. I believe the route over Cowpen Mountain and down to the falls is about the same distance. I could pull out my map to see...
    Tony Kramer
    Sea Kayak Instructor/ Guide
    http://theseakayaker.com
    Owner/Designer of PAK-IT-LITE.LLC Hammocks & Outdoor gear.
    http://camphammocks.com

  2. #52
    Senior Member otter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northwest, Ga
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Warbonnet UQ & TQ
    Suspension
    adjwebbing/whoopie
    Posts
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by theseakayaker View Post
    That's the one. Last time I went up in March the road up Potato Patch Mountain was open but the road to Three Forks was closed because it was a mud pit. We had to hike an extra 3 miles just to get to the trail head.

    I guess it just depends on road conditions as to what trails to take in. Coming in from the west also give the option of an overnighter at Bray Field if need be. Then up to the falls the next day. It's about 2.5 miles from the parking lot to Bray Field and another 2.5 to 3 miles climbing up to the falls. I believe the route over Cowpen Mountain and down to the falls is about the same distance. I could pull out my map to see...
    Both ways are good hikes as long as I'm out there that's all that matters to me!
    God gave me two good legs and two good eyes I better use them.

  3. #53
    Senior Member kk4df's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Augusta, GA
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL, DIY, ENO SN
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB GL4, REI SubK
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Posts
    168
    I'm hoping to be able to join in on this hike.

  4. #54

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Hammock
    BB
    Tarp
    4S cuben
    Insulation
    HG 20* Phoenix
    Posts
    247
    For what's in the works, are there any water crossings?

  5. #55
    Senior Member otter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northwest, Ga
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Warbonnet UQ & TQ
    Suspension
    adjwebbing/whoopie
    Posts
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by Doodad View Post
    For what's in the works, are there any water crossings?
    One or two depending on the way you go in
    God gave me two good legs and two good eyes I better use them.

  6. #56
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Buford, GA
    Posts
    6
    Small tents welcome? I'm in the process of acquiring a hammock.

  7. #57
    Senior Member otter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Northwest, Ga
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Warbonnet UQ & TQ
    Suspension
    adjwebbing/whoopie
    Posts
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by reubenrn View Post
    Small tents welcome? I'm in the process of acquiring a hammock.
    Wouldn't turn down any company
    God gave me two good legs and two good eyes I better use them.

  8. #58
    Senior Member kk4df's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Augusta, GA
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL, DIY, ENO SN
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB GL4, REI SubK
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Posts
    168

    Re: Cohutta Wilderness

    Quote Originally Posted by reubenrn View Post
    Small tents welcome? I'm in the process of acquiring a hammock.
    Most of us have extra hammocks, and maybe some extra tarps and pads and such. But you are certainly welcome to join us in a tent. I have an ENO hammock and tarp I could loan you, but I'm not carrying it in to camp for you. :-) We'd have to meet somewhere before we hiked in.

  9. #59
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Buford, GA
    Posts
    6

    Re: Cohutta Wilderness

    Thanks for the offer, but I'm not too fond of the idea of testing new gear in the woods...

  10. #60
    Senior Member kk4df's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Augusta, GA
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL, DIY, ENO SN
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB GL4, REI SubK
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Posts
    168

    Re: Cohutta Wilderness

    So, are we camping at the top or the bottom of Panther Creek Falls? I plan on hiking in via East Cowpen, which will end at the top of the falls. I'm also planning to arrive Friday afternoon. Anyone else with similar plans?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •