Custom OES
    Insulation
    DIM UQ NoSniv TQ
    Suspension
    JRB Triglide/strap
    Images

No sniveler under quilt.

OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD!!

After a bit of a problem with delivery (Post Office Issues) I got my No sniveler under quilt. I only got to do a 30-minute test of it, but I am so impressed I can’t see straight.

It has all kind of neat features like: A head slit for double duty as a cold weather poncho, Omni tape closed. Omni tape & draw string at the foot end to make a foot pocket for use as a top quilt. Draw string at each end to help it close & fit the hammock better. Loops for suspending under the hammock. A Sil nylon stuff sack for on trail storage and a vinyl bag for when not in use / at home storage.
    The suspension kit doubles as a belt when using the quilt as a cold weather poncho.
    I didn’t weigh it, but it is light, the 21 OZ advertised weight is probably spot-on.
    It looks VERY well built, & the material has a “Nice hand” & doesn’t even feel like nylon.

Huge kudos to Jack’s customer service!

I already want another one!!

Maybe two!!

If you have been holding off getting anything by JRB, I say don't wait! Get it now, you won't regret it, ever!! I waited (“saving my pennies” was my excuse.) 2 years.

[Usual disclaimer: not associated with the Jack’s, etc.]
    When you have a backpack on, no matter where you are, you’re home.
    PAIN is INEVITABLE. MISERY is OPTIONAL.

You surely need another Doctari. The No Sniveler serves better as a top quilt, IMO, especially if you have a Hennessy (then you need a Nest).

Hammock
    diy
    Tarp
    diy 9x11
    Insulation
    JRB No Sniveller
    Suspension
    CBs + DCs
    Images
    I love my NS

It's my 'go-to' quilt for every occasion. I have a Nest as well. Good thing too, since when I would take my daughter out with me, she was always trying to scarf my NS !

I'm on the (unfortunately) long-term penny saving plan for a MW quilt...

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB, 1.1 single
    Tarp
    JRB11x10 Z-P cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti JRB WestMtg
    Suspension
    webbing, Dutchclip
    Images
    Agreed, it's a great piece of gear. Enjoy!

Hammock
    Bridge
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    JRB UQ, EE TQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    On most normal (ie: non-hot, humid Florida) trips the NS is all I use. I love it.
    -- Funny Money
    ------------------
    Love 'em while you got 'em

Hammock
    Black Bird
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Yeti Under Quilt
    Suspension
    Slings/straps
    I once owned both the NS and the Nest. I sold my nest after I got my #2 mod on my HH. Do yourself a favor, use the NS as your underquilt, get the mod to your HH and you will love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorethian View Post
    I once owned both the NS and the Nest. I sold my nest after I got my #2 mod on my HH. Do yourself a favor, use the NS as your underquilt, get the mod to your HH and you will love it.
    I beg to differ, IME the Nest's velcro helps prevent CBS (Cold Butt Syndrome).

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Custom OES
    Insulation
    DIM UQ NoSniv TQ
    Suspension
    JRB Triglide/strap
    Images
    Inital test (last night):

The support stuff:
    Travellers Hybred hamock, JRB NS underquilt, Ray Way Alpine upgrade over quilt, Homemade hammock sock. All under a 13.5' x 10' tarp rigged for cool not cold weather. Avalable 'just in case" 3/4 length military surplus CCF pad*.

I was wearing: Tee & Undies, Wool socks (Lightweight Smart Wool knock offs from Sam's club.), Panty hose, Rain pants, Under armor long sleeve shirt, Poly long sleeve shirt, Lightweight flece vest, Neoprene fingerless gloves**, Wool knit cap.

Weather: 30 deg, near zero wind, no cloud cover.

The test:
    After a inital first time fussing to get the quilt snug against me I slept all night with no problems. One time when getting up for the call of nature I did unknowingly loosen the draw cord at the head of the quilt when opening my hammock sock, so when I got back in, there was a cold spot in the middle of my back, , , , , , , , I finally figured out what had happened & in a few seconds was warm again.

Adjustment of the suspension while in the hammock is difficult, but I suspect that once you have it set up right, that is not an issue. I initally did not have it suspended tight enough so had a few cold spots at first. The thing is, when first in after an adjustment, I did not notice the cold spots for up to 1/2 hr, to me that speaks to the insulation value of the quilt, for the gap was at least 1 to 2 inches. Once I figured it out, & this "figuring it out" will be different for everyone, I slept like a log the rest of the night.
    I think that I could get down to about 25 with the NS as an underquilt, YMMV.

*I did not need the CCF pad, so it worked as a floor mat on the ground.
    **Way too warm, never again.
    Last edited by Just Jeff; 01-04-2009 at 07:43. Reason: added underquilt to "support stuff"

Doctari, if you can stay comfortable at 30F with NO UQ, you can probably roast at zero with a proper UQ like a JRB. I would have frozen to death, you are "Neo class".

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Custom OES
    Insulation
    DIM UQ NoSniv TQ
    Suspension
    JRB Triglide/strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Take-a-knee View Post
    Doctari, if you can stay comfortable at 30F with NO UQ, you can probably roast at zero with a proper UQ like a JRB. I would have frozen to death, you are "Neo class".
    ???????
    I have a (abnormally?) high tolerance for cold when awake, but 30 at night without an UQ is way out of my ability. 30 with the NS is easy.

BTW: while I did not actually test overnight*, I did get the NS adjusted properly Yesterday AM & found no cold spots after laying in the hammock for about 40 minutes, without the sock pulled up & the tarp off. Temp about 33.

* I don't hang outside the night before going to work, too hard to get up & go in if I do.