Hammock
    HHDJ/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lite Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    I love the 11' hammock, but can find the sweet spot in a 10'. I can find the sweet spot in the vertex, and I think it is'nt even 9'. I have a diy 12' I got from a forum member, and I think it is the most comfortable hammock I have. However, each hammock has it's place.
    Happy Hangin!!!

AKA BajaHanger

You cannot solve a problem with the same mind that created it. -Albert Einstein

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Slings
    I'm 6'1" and like my 11 footer. I had a 10 footer and just couldn't get diagonal. But, here's a weird thing. I have a Grand Trunk Nano 7 (we're talking short here) and I just love laying in that thing. Go figure... We might need ol' Pythagorus to figure the math out on that one.
    The beauty of sunsets,
    The wind in the pines,
    The mountains give these and more...
    Peace of mind.

I Learn So Others Can Too FireInMyBones's Avatar
    Hammock
    Bonefire UL
    Tarp
    Cuben 10'x8'
    Insulation
    Integrated& DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Straps&DIY buckles
    Images
    I'm 5'7" and I can get comfortable in in my 9' hammock. A 10' hammock is super comfortable for me, but I have little need for the size.
    -Jeremy

"If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen." 1 Peter 4:11

Quote Originally Posted by FLRider View Post
    FireInMyBones; he's a mountain goat crossed with a marathoner.
    My YouTube
    My Trail Journal
    http://www.peopleforbikes.org/

I'm 5'6" and 9' is comfy. 10' is definitely better. Longer than that doesn't seem to make much of a difference for me.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock ThunderBird
    Tarp
    Zpack Cuben 7X9
    Insulation
    JRBSierraSniveller
    Suspension
    ring buckle system
    Images
    I got a 10' Dangerbird hammock and am very comfortable in it. I'm 5' 6" tall. Looks to me, from the responses above, about 5' 10" is the dividing line between whether there is any benefit to an 11' hammock.

Hammock
    Darien UL w/Dutch hooks, clips, etc
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    ZPack 40 bag/HG UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Dutch Gear
    I've had both and there wasn't significant difference for me at 5' 7". What I did notice was

1. The 11ft hammock had too much extra "flappy" material on either side for my taste; some have fixed this by sewing in a bit of shock cord at the head and foot location to take up the slack fabric

2. The first time I pitched an 11 ft using a Warbonnet Edge tarp I step backed and smiled as I noticed how my hammock went past either end of the tarp. If it had rained I would have been in trouble. I had to really mess with the adjustable ridgeline on the hammock to get it "within" the tarp. When I ordered my HG cuben fiber tarp I got the "1 ft longer" version just for use with 11 footers; now I'm back to a 10 ft hammock and like the extra tarp coverage at the ends.

Gideon