View Poll Results: Superfly Continuous Suspension, OVER or UNDER?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Continuous Suspension Line is over the tarp.

27 36.49%
  • Continuous Suspension Line is under the tarp.

17 22.97%
  • I don't use a Continuous Suspension Line on my Superfly.

30 40.54%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunnr72 View Post
    The stingerz hook right to the tarp ring. The flyz go on the guy line.
    Since the superfly uses a split ring at the end of the ridgeseam it's possible to thread the dutch fly right onto the end of the tarp and use a single strand of cord from tarp to tree.

Hammock
    1.1 dbl ge double strech-side
    Tarp
    Tadpole/ Superfly
    Insulation
    HG- TQ,UQ- DIY PL
    Suspension
    Whoopie,D Buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    Since the superfly uses a split ring at the end of the ridgeseam it's possible to thread the dutch fly right onto the end of the tarp and use a single strand of cord from tarp to tree.
    Didn't know that you used split rings on the tarps, thanks for the update......RR
    I'm a member of PETA!!!!

People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1dl, HH deluxe
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix uq
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    No CRL here and have no problems , been using my superfly for almost a year now. I just tie out directly from each end with a micro-beaner...

I've been in some pretty heavy rains (seems to always rain when I go out), and haven't had any water issues, just pull the doors closed tight.

Hammock
    WBBB Dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe Sil
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbridge
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopies/biner
    Could someone explain the cat cut ridgeline part to me? I guess I don't understand what a cat cut ridgeline is, and how different hanging methods affect the hang. I understand cat cuts on the bottom edges, but not on the ridgeline. I have a MacCat Deluxe in Sil. Does it have a cat cut ridgeline? I have always used a CRL, with the tarp over top and haven't noticed a problem, but was thinking about trying some Dutchware and ditching the CRL.

Hammock
    WBBB Dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe Sil
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbridge
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopies/biner
    Quote Originally Posted by weaver2469 View Post
    Could someone explain the cat cut ridgeline part to me? I guess I don't understand what a cat cut ridgeline is, and how different hanging methods affect the hang. I understand cat cuts on the bottom edges, but not on the ridgeline. I have a MacCat Deluxe in Sil. Does it have a cat cut ridgeline? I have always used a CRL, with the tarp over top and haven't noticed a problem, but was thinking about trying some Dutchware and ditching the CRL.
    Never mind. I searched a bit and figured it out. My tarp is straight across the top, and therefore wants to be hung pretty straight. Some brands have a curve in the top, which would suggest that it you would want to allow the ends of the tarp to go upward. I guess then you would either hang the ends really high, or suspend your tarp under a CRL. Right?