Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Senior Member Funny Money's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    FL
    Hammock
    Bridge
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    JRB UQ, EE TQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Posts
    685

    SOLD: Mtn Hardwear Down Upgrade Bag

    I'm 6'2" and its plenty long for me.

    Makes a great quilt! Mtn Hardwear rated it 40*.

    This is dark blue in color, used a several nights by me. I bought it from a guy who said it was gently used. Can be used alone or zipped into many brands of bags to increase cold weather performance of any bag.

    No odors. Includes stuffsacks and mesh storage sack. NEVER stored stuffed.

    $75.00 shipped to lower 48. Paypal please.

    Thanks
    Last edited by Funny Money; 01-05-2009 at 21:36. Reason: add temp rating
    -- Funny Money
    ------------------
    Love 'em while you got 'em

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Funny Money View Post
    I'm 6'2" and its plenty long for me.

    Makes a great quilt! Mtn Hardwear rated it 40*.

    This is dark blue in color, used a several nights by me. I bought it from a guy who said it was gently used. Can be used alone or zipped into many brands of bags to increase cold weather performance of any bag.

    No odors. Includes stuffsacks and mesh storage sack. NEVER stored stuffed.

    $75.00 shipped to lower 48. Paypal please.

    Thanks
    I have one of those, it has a solid two inches of loft, it'll keep most warm to freezing no problem. Once you narrow it to 48in it gets nice and puffy.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Funny Money's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    FL
    Hammock
    Bridge
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    JRB UQ, EE TQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Posts
    685
    Price lowered to $65 shipped.
    -- Funny Money
    ------------------
    Love 'em while you got 'em

  4. #4
    New Member freakflyer9999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    North Central Tx
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Funny Money View Post
    Price lowered to $65 shipped.

    Has this sold yet? Do you know how much it weighs?
    Last edited by freakflyer9999; 02-08-2009 at 18:00.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,557
    Quote Originally Posted by freakflyer9999 View Post
    Has this sold yet? Do you know how much it weighs?
    Mine modifed to a quilt, 48in wide at the top, shortened to 67in OAL, with all down from the removed draft baffles added to the body weighs 26oz. It has 1.5in baffles but the baffles loft to 2.5in with all that down added. It is likely 600 fill/1.9oz fabric so it weighs a few ounces more than a JRB quilt would weigh.

  6. #6
    New Member freakflyer9999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    North Central Tx
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Take-a-knee View Post
    Mine modifed to a quilt, 48in wide at the top, shortened to 67in OAL, with all down from the removed draft baffles added to the body weighs 26oz. It has 1.5in baffles but the baffles loft to 2.5in with all that down added. It is likely 600 fill/1.9oz fabric so it weighs a few ounces more than a JRB quilt would weigh.
    This is kinda what I was thinking about. At least seeing if I could add some more down to increase the temp rating.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,557
    Quote Originally Posted by freakflyer9999 View Post
    This is kinda what I was thinking about. At least seeing if I could add some more down to increase the temp rating.
    You don't need any extra down, once you narrow it to quilt width and get all the down out of the zipper baffles you've got plenty. I'd say mine would take me to 25 degrees with no problem with a good head cover.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Funny Money's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    FL
    Hammock
    Bridge
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    JRB UQ, EE TQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Posts
    685

    SOLD: MH bag

    Quote Originally Posted by Funny Money View Post
    I'm 6'2" and its plenty long for me.

    Makes a great quilt! Mtn Hardwear rated it 40*.

    This is dark blue in color, used a several nights by me. I bought it from a guy who said it was gently used. Can be used alone or zipped into many brands of bags to increase cold weather performance of any bag.

    No odors. Includes stuffsacks and mesh storage sack. NEVER stored stuffed.

    $75.00 shipped to lower 48. Paypal please.

    Thanks
    Item is sold
    -- Funny Money
    ------------------
    Love 'em while you got 'em

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •