Sure was a good stand though, I miss it.
For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us....that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now.
turtlelady stand construction...bamboo, 2x2's, etc., with tripod lashing.
Lots of members have shifted to the turtledog version with a hinge replacing the lashing. I like the lashing better.
It requires a 14-16' ridgepole to properly hang the WBRR. The one in my photo is 16'.
1) Repair any damages to woodwork/hardware.
2) Paint the woodwork(do it for the kids, it's all about the kids).
3) Dig out and add weedblock to small area below the "swings". About a 14X12 area sounds right. Mulch said area.
4) Add low plants to ends of "swing" area, not front/back.
5) Get drinks and the Lady of the Castle, 2 chairs and sit and watch the kids play.
Your a hero and you get your stand back with a view
Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you
My fantastic Photographer wife: http://www.capturedhearts-photography.com
Military aluminum poles and http://stores.ebay.com/deagle1969?_rdc=1as used in these stands....
Edit...welcome to HF!
Last edited by gmcttr; 06-24-2013 at 21:50.